Just like fruitcake, you can never have enough top ten lists, especially at the transition from one year to the next. Here’s my list of the top ten things I've learned bootstrapping a wine and travel website while working full time and trying to raise two children, fight off the middle-age bulge, be active in the community, and convince my wife that maintaining the site "won't take that much time."
10. Audiobooks are a fabulous way to maintain sanity while sitting in traffic.
9. My African shirt greatly amuses my friends (don’t worry Zee, I’ll wear it anyway)!
8. Working from home when the family is awake is a recipe for failure (for everyone).
7. Maintaining a profitless website is not the same thing as running a non-profit business...sorry honey.
6. Despite previous contrary reporting, my wife is incredibly patient and forgiving!
5. Most people click on website ads as often as I do (almost never).
4. I should have taken more writing classes in college.
3. Data entry is terribly boring without a glass of wine.
2. Sitting behind a computer for ten hours a day while working every ten days results in the need for bigger pants.
1. Too much wine “research” results in a thin wallet….and the need for bigger pants.
Cheers and Happy New Year!!!