Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Chameleon Author
2,084 followers -
"My way is not always the right way, but it gets me there in one piece." - Chameleon
"My way is not always the right way, but it gets me there in one piece." - Chameleon

2,084 followers
About
Posts

Post has shared content
Yummy recipes in her cookbook!
#Cookbook #author Kat Miller joins me today, an English/Italian Amazon #chef w/ great stories. http://bit.ly/1JhxKP0 
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has shared content
Great series!
Will Jesse get the job done or is she losing her mind?  Join the journey with Jesse Proctor.

Quest of The Hybrid - http://amzn.to/1FD68Tp

#alienconspiracy #coverups #history #timetravel #sciencefiction   
Animated Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Monetize your blog and website with a company that pays the highest EPCs you'll find! Become an affiliate today! Easy, simple sign-up.
http://quitn6.ontraport.com/t?orid=3074&opid=5
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Finally, that pesky dragon Claude has admitted that humans are...well...human :D
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
The Authors' Cave May Sci-Fi Edition eZine is now out! Check out the author bios, and the chapter and audio excerpts.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Here is the May Fantasy, Mystery, Suspense, and Horror Edition! Check out the Author Bios, and the chapter and audio excerpts.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
The Authors' Cave May eZines are now live! Here is the Romance Edition!
Add a comment...

An Untapped Market for Authors

Audio books are hot sellers for many genres, and I was surprised to learn how few authors were aware of this market, or who had been hesitant to try it. When our Facebook group administrator reported the recent sales for her audio books, many in the group were eager to hear more about it. Audible.com makes this a fairly easy process, in fact, your hardest decision will be which voice actor sounds best reading your book out loud.
Amazon gets 60% of the retail price, and you'll get the highest amount of actors competing for your job if you offer a 50-50 split of the remaining 40%, but that still leaves you with significantly more than the percentage you get from the sale of a book. There is no category for horror books, as of this writing, but there probably will be in the future. Some genres are probably easier to get actors for than others, but I have yet to hear of anyone that didn't get at least 2 readings offered to them.
If this was something you thought about in the past but hesitated, you really should reconsider it!
Due to the length of the original post, there are a few additional tip and advice listed on this blog post that were not included here. If you're interested in reading those, you can find them here: http://chameleon-author.blogspot.com/2015/03/an-untapped-market-for-authors.html
If you have thoughts and experiences with audio books, let me know! I know there are other audio book producers, but I haven't had any experiences with them. You?

An Untapped Market for Authors

Audio books are hot sellers for many genres, and I was surprised to learn how few authors were aware of this market, or who had been hesitant to try it. When our Facebook group administrator reported the recent sales for her audio books, many in the group were eager to hear more about it. Audible.com makes this a fairly easy process, in fact, your hardest decision will be which voice actor sounds best reading your book out loud.
Amazon gets 60% of the retail price, and you'll get the highest amount of actors competing for your job if you offer a 50-50 split of the remaining 40%, but that still leaves you with significantly more than the percentage you get from the sale of a book. There is no category for horror books, as of this writing, but there probably will be in the future. Some genres are probably easier to get actors for than others, but I have yet to hear of anyone that didn't get at least 2 readings offered to them.
If this was something you thought about in the past but hesitated, you really should reconsider it!
Due to the length of the original post, there are a few additional tip and advice listed on this blog post that were not included here. If you're interested in reading those, you can find them here: http://chameleon-author.blogspot.com/2015/03/an-untapped-market-for-authors.html
If you have thoughts and experiences with audio books, let me know! I know there are other audio book producers, but I haven't had any experiences with them. You?

An Untapped Market for Authors

Audio books are hot sellers for many genres, and I was surprised to learn how few authors were aware of this market, or who had been hesitant to try it. When our Facebook group administrator reported the recent sales for her audio books, many in the group were eager to hear more about it. Audible.com makes this a fairly easy process, in fact, your hardest decision will be which voice actor sounds best reading your book out loud.
Amazon gets 60% of the retail price, and you'll get the highest amount of actors competing for your job if you offer a 50-50 split of the remaining 40%, but that still leaves you with significantly more than the percentage you get from the sale of a book. There is no category for horror books, as of this writing, but there probably will be in the future. Some genres are probably easier to get actors for than others, but I have yet to hear of anyone that didn't get at least 2 readings offered to them.
If this was something you thought about in the past but hesitated, you really should reconsider it!
Due to the length of the original post, there are a few additional tip and advice listed on this blog post that were not included here. If you're interested in reading those, you can find them here: http://chameleon-author.blogspot.com/2015/03/an-untapped-market-for-authors.html
If you have thoughts and experiences with audio books, let me know! I know there are other audio book producers, but I haven't had any experiences with them. You?
Wait while more posts are being loaded