Profile

Cover photo
Eileen Flynn
Worked at Austin American-Statesman
Attended Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
98 followers|4,149 views
AboutPostsPhotosYouTube

Stream

Eileen Flynn

commented on a video on YouTube.
Shared publicly  - 
 
What a terrific video! I had the opportunity to interview Gus years ago and write about his experiences. He's a real mensch.
1

Eileen Flynn

Shared publicly  - 
 
Fascinating. And depressing. (Really, lady, this is your son. He sounds awesome. Get over yourself.)
Islam has long held a special place among African Americans — but when a Christian preacher’s son adopted it, his relatives struggled.
1

Eileen Flynn

Shared publicly  - 
 
This quote nails the argument against pushing politics from the pulpit: "Even if you know that 70%-80% of your synagogue votes one way—and public opinion polls suggest that this may be the case in Conservative and Reform synagogues—why risk alienating the other 20%-30%?"
In The Wall Street Journal's Houses of Worship column, Tevi Troy writes that as the Jewish High Holidays approach, the White House is pressing rabbis to preach politics from the pulpit.
1
Suzanne Perreault's profile photoEileen Flynn's profile photo
2 comments
 
Thanks, Suzanne! I'm in a Facebook funk myself, so I figured I would mosey on over here with a post. Great to see you here, too!
Have her in circles
98 people
Matt Dillahunty's profile photo
FOX EGYPT's profile photo
Jason Orr's profile photo
Leanne Venier's profile photo
valdo evans-  fineartamerica's profile photo
Saundra Goldman's profile photo
Randy Riggs's profile photo
Sammie Silliboy's profile photo
Sulbha Sulbha's profile photo

Eileen Flynn

Shared publicly  - 
1
People
Have her in circles
98 people
Matt Dillahunty's profile photo
FOX EGYPT's profile photo
Jason Orr's profile photo
Leanne Venier's profile photo
valdo evans-  fineartamerica's profile photo
Saundra Goldman's profile photo
Randy Riggs's profile photo
Sammie Silliboy's profile photo
Sulbha Sulbha's profile photo
Work
Employment
  • Austin American-Statesman
    religion columnist, 2009 - 2011
  • Austin American-Statesman
    reporter, 2000 - 2009
  • MediaNews Group
    Statehouse reporter, 1998 - 2000
  • North Adams Transcript
    reporter, editor, 1994 - 1998
Basic Information
Gender
Female
Story
Tagline
Writer
Education
  • Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
    English/philosophy, 1994 - 1998
  • Boston University
    journalism, 1993 - 1994
  • Miss Porter's School
    1990 - 1993
Links
Other profiles
Contributor to