Want to give aquaponics a try, but don't want to build a system yourself? The guys at Back to the Roots may soon have you covered...
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
- I dunno, this design looks to be flawed. The tank is too small to support more than fish. The "grow bed" is also too short (no where for the roots to go).
You might be able to grow some herbs in this, and it might be good as a novelty fish bowl that could get people excited about growing their food, but unlike their mushrooms, this isn't practical.Nov 19, 2012
- Good to know, Phil... appreciate your chiming in...Nov 19, 2012
- Phil - you might want to share your thoughts over on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/backtotherootsNov 19, 2012
- Sure. It's too bad because I like these guys. I love how they've built a business on recycling coffee grounds to grow food.Nov 19, 2012
- I would, but I don't do facebook. You are more than welcome to post my comment there if you are so inclined.
In the video, they said they met "with experts" so I'm not sure they'd be willing to listen to some random guy who bashes their design.Nov 19, 2012
- I will surely be donating to thisNov 19, 2012
- Hey Jeff, thx for sharing. Amazing project, we just made a small "startup" contribution :)
Cheers, TudorDec 9, 2012