BTW Did you and Charlotte get my email I sent with a list of next steps for inviting the potential Board Members? I had not heard anything from you. Or else was buried in email. Thanks. George
- General Dynamics Information TechnologyConsultant - Senior Database Analyst, 2010 - present
- Self - ConsultingCyber Ambassador, present
- University of North Carolina, General AdministrationPhD Candidate Info Science, 1987 - 1995
- MCNCFounder/Director CNIDR, 1991 - 1996
- City of Boulder Public LibraryConsultant - Boulder Public Library, 1996 - 1997
- National Center for Supercomputing ApplicationsSenior Project Manager, 1999 - 2001
- Southern Universities Research AssociationDirector Networking Programs, 1997 - 1999
- East Carolina School of MedicineEducation Media Specialist, Center for Medical Communications, 1982 - 1991
- Internet2Senior Manager of Knowledge & Information Mgt, 2001 - 2010
- Dept of Commerce- NTIA- Broadband Technology Opportunities ProgramSenior Project Manager, 2010 - 2010
- US ArmySpec 4 Supply Clerk / Motor Grader Operator, 1966 - 1968
I've been working since 1983 with Research and Education (Higher Ed & K12), Libraries, community networks, and other organizations to help them understand and implement new computer, communications, and information technologies into their work, research, and education.
My area of expertise has included collaborative environments and applications for Research & Education communities. I have been engaged with ongoing examination of how new media and new communication channels can be adapted to provide richer access to research data and better collaborative tools in real time and asynchronously.
I am recipient of grants from the National Science Foundation, Apple Library of Tomorrow, US Department of Education, and the North Carolina Visiting Artist Program.
My artworks are included in the collections of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art, Winston Salem, NC, the Weatherspoon Art Gallery, Greensboro, NC, Waterworks Art Gallery, Salisbury, NC, Jean Brown Archive, Tyringham, MA, Franklin Furnace, New York, NY, Congregation Bayt Shalom, Greenville, NC, Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL, Los angeles Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, California, ARTPOOL, Budapest, Hungary, The Museum of Museums, Bruxelles, Belgium, and also numerous private collections.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel HillBA, 1969
- Florida State UniversityBA, 1971 - 1973
- University of GeorgiaMFA - Fabric Design, 1976 - 1978
- US Militay Academy Preparatory SchoolCandidate / Certificate, 1966 - 1967
- Unversity of Chapel Hill - North CarolinaPhd - Information & Library Science, 1987 - 1995
- Center for Creative LeadershipLeadership Program, 1995 - 1995
- Rheingold UniversityCo-Participant/Mind Amplifiers, 2011 - 2011
- USDA-Graduate AcademyInformation Architecture, 2006 - 2006
- Misc WorkshopsInformation Sciences, 1991 - 2011
[Guest Blog] Why I’m calling for a New Deal on Data
"a New Deal on Data ... The key to building this digital nervous system are ‘digital breadcrumbs’ that we all leave behind us as we move thr
13 Reasons Your Brain Craves Infographics [Infographic]
This is downright spooky. It's an interactive infographic all about why your brain craves infographics. Food for thought! Via Gust MEES, Jim
Curate, Organize and Visualize Large Data Collections with TreeMap
"TreeMap provides an easy, yet extremely powerful means of creating beautiful treemaps for analytical and presentation purpose. Importing da
The Flipped Classroom: The Full Picture for Tinkering and Maker Education
If you have been following my blog series on The Flipped Classroom: The Full Picture, you know that I am using this opportunity, given all t
This 3D Printing Pen Lets You Draw Sculptures in Midair
3Doodler, a 3D-printing pen, allows users to draw three-dimensional objects in the air or on surfaces. Via sylvia martinez
iPad Folio Case With Keyboard | iPad 2 Folio Cover | ZAGGfolio
The ZAGGfolio is a sleek iPad folio case and stand with available bluetooth keyboard. ZAGG's quality iPad 2 folio will cover and protect you
The History of Email [Infographic] | Bostinnovation: Boston Start-ups, I...
We use them to plan, to promote, to perpetuate, to party, to pass the time, and much more. Now the world has over 3 billion email accounts,
ocTEL - Open Course in Technology Enhanced Learning | Association for Le...
Please help us and let your friends, colleagues and followers know about our page : ocTEL - Open Course in Technology Enhanced Learning. You