✓⃝ Gay, progressive/leftist, atheist/secular Jewish–New Yorker fascinated with language, old and/or ethnic music, gay historical research etc.
Gay, progressive/leftist Jewish–New Yorker seeks your love and affection.
I am a gay, ideologically progressive Jewish–New Yorker, born in the Bronx of partly Ashkenazi
and partly Mizraḥi
ancestry. I am involved in the “bear” community. I moved to the neighborhood of Ramat Ben Yaʻaqob רמת בן יעקב (a.k.a Jackson Heights
, Queens) in 2008 and am now involved in the social organizations here.
▸ Linguistics, particularly orthography, etymology and phonology.
▸ Atheism and Humanism, particularly the preservation by secularization of Jewish, Near Eastern, Central Asian and North African culture.
▸ Jewish, Near Eastern, Central Asian and North African music!
▸ Documentary photography. Look at all the pictures I’ve taken!
☞ My e-mail address is not elyaqim at gmail dot com! Someone else is receiving your letters to me if you send them to that address. I am also not the person with the user name elyaqim on Twitter.
☞ I tend to overuse characters beyond Unicode’s Basic Multilingual Plane in my content. If you see rectangles (▯▯▯▯) or question marks (????) in my text, you may want to download the free Symbola
font or another font that supports those characters.
From my ’blog
Elyaqim Mosheh Adam (a.k.a. Mark) is a gay Jewish–New Yorker who promotes his photography, videography and writing here, and who may be reasonably expected to write on any combination of the following:
• Gay/Queer, including ursine, topics;
• Jewish, Near Eastern, North African, Central Asian and Caucasian topics;
• Linguistics, particularly as relevant to the populations mentioned above;
• Progressive or Leftist topics;
• Atheist, Humanist, Naturalist, Bright or otherwise secular topics;
• History, with the understanding that the topic includes his own personal experiences, however mundane they may be, in and occasionally out of his beloved native city.