- Hoopes VisionLASIK Surgeon, presentThe Salt Lake City area LASIK surgeons at Hoopes Vision provide a full range of procedures, including LASIK eye surgery, IntraLASIK, cataract surgery, and corneal transplants at our Salt Lake City, Utah area practice.
Dr. Hoopes has been performing refractive surgery since 1983 and was the second Midwest surgeon to perform radial keratotomy. His Kansas City practice was one of the few centers in the country to be involved with the FDA clinical trials and testing that led to the approval of many of the laser systems used today for LASIK surgery. The first official laser procedure after FDA approval was actually performed at his center. Dr. Hoopes also performed the first Summit Technology laser procedure for myopia and astigmatism after FDA approval on March 16, 1998. He was a member of the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary at Harvard University, a clinical assistant professor of ophthalmology at Kansas University Medical Center, and served briefly as a clinical professor of ophthalmology at Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah.
- Conductive keratoplasty (CK)
- Custom LASIK
- IOL Options
- Laser Cataract
- ReSTOR® Lenses
- Small incision cataract surgery
- Visian ICL™ (Implantable Collamer® Lenses)
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine
11820 S State St Draper, UT 84020