53 have her in circles
Works at Ziff Davis Media
Attended Arizona State University
53 have her in circles
The UI changed and I suddenly find myself back on here. I'm going to try and keep this updated from time to time, as I do think this should become a bigger part of my social networking regime. Wanna help me get re-acquainted to #Google+? :)
Add a comment...
Community Development Specialist, Toolbox.com/Ziff Davis, Inc.
- Ziff Davis MediaCommunity Development Specialist, 2013 - presentworks on the Toolbox.coom platform; connects with community; writes blogs; develops weekly newsletters; develops special member mailings; helped to plan the Toolbox.com 15th Anniversary with Member Appreciation awards; currently working on the Toolbox for IT Blogger Derby 2013, annual event that helps bloggers give back to charities for the holidays
- Arizona State UniversitySubject Area and Writing Tutor, 2010 - 2012-saw and worked with students of various disciplines with math and general writing process -discussed tutoring strategies with fellow tutors and coordinators to improve craft -developed and implemented materials to promote use of the writing center by journalism students for writing-based courses (news writing, memo writing) -designed new tutor manual for just-hired writing tutors in Microsoft Publisher; wrote policies and procedure portions of manual
- Green Living MagazineSocial Media Coordinator intern, 2011 - 2012-updated magazine’s Facebook and Twitter, mainly using third-party applications (HootSuite, TweetDeck) -wrote weekly reports analyzing post data using Microsoft Word and Excel; looked at content, times, demographics, interaction with audience to determine next steps -worked with various departments (editorial, sales and marketing) to promote articles, stories, and events -strategized social media campaigns for Twitter (gluten-free food chats, de-stressing chats) to help reach goal of 1,000 followers by end of October 2011
- ASU School of Criminology and Criminal JusticeCommunications assistant, 2012 - 2013-managed school website with Plone content management system -edited using HTML/CSS -designed event posters using Photoshop and InDesign CS5 -updated school’s Facebook account -contributed marketing ideas for social media communication (weekly trivia questions to receive prizes from the school, tailored to upcoming events) -volunteered and organized events – set up, tear down -took photographs of events when appropriate and necessary
aspiring media professional, wishing to contribute to social media, front-end web development, graphic design, and more
I finished my undergraduate work at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication in December 2012. I currently am a Community Development Specialist for Toolbox.com. I enjoy technology and talking to those who know way more technical things than I do.
I also love to cook and will usually be in the kitchen trying to come up with some interesting concoction of my own mind.
- Arizona State UniversityJournalism, 2009 - 2012I have done courses focused on: online media; graphic design work (with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator); coding (HTML, CSS, jQuery); writing for print, web, and broadcast; entrepreneurship in a digital world; videography (story pitching, interviewing, shooting, editing with Final Cut Pro); journalism ethics; business and future of the journalism world
Amanda Roberts's +1's are the things they like, agree with, or want to recommend.
HOW TO: Use Your Social Media Skills to Earn Extra Money
In the social media bubble, it may seem like everyone knows how to use Twitter and Facebook, but the truth is that small businesses and bran