Just got my Galaxy 8 two days back. What a phone! Is this the best Android phone made to date? I really think so - the only 'real world' issue is the fingerprint scanner at the back. Rest is just sublime!
3 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- Thanks Andrew! Yes the audio isn't even close to the market leaders in that niche but I'm enjoying the fact that this phone may well be the most beautifully crafted phone in the market with some exceptional improvements from it's predecessor. But then again it's my personal view! 😀5w
- I've had my p2 on GPS voice navigation and lots of other uses since 5.30am (it's now 5.45pm). It's 52% with several hours ahead still🙂. The s8+ is rated as 60% of the battery life of the p2 (gsm arena. The s8 isn't yet listed). I haven't had a phone with this battery life before, it's superb (and £200!).5w
- Yeah, but weren't you on the verge of selling it?5w
- not selling the p2; giving it to my mum. She loves the size. We've been on holiday and she can wait a day or so:).
Under "normal" conditions I'll go back to one large and one small device. The 1520 still wins as a professional/work device. But as tourist the battery life of this p2 makes it my main device (i miss the enjoyment of photography with the 1520 but my daughter & wife with iphones are taking more than enough photos. And I'm only emailing a couple of photos and the quality is fine for snapshots).5w
- Adrian B+1I'm still going to be on 2 devices. Even if Samsung made the dual SIM variant in the UK, I'd like a personal small phone. The Z3 Compact is still doing sterling service, but I may swap it for an iPhone SE at some point.
I was sceptical about the S8+ & was expecting to return it, but it has really bowled me over in a very short time.
My S7 Edge is going to the better half (it's not been used much so I may be able to pass it off as new 😃), so that leaves me with the iPhone 6, OnePlus 3 & Honor 8 as reasonably up to date devices. One of the latter 2 has to go on PSC.5w
- For normal use I'm definitely in favour of a small and large device; for one handed use, the other for 2 handed use (typically more professional use and browsing/reading).
I'll use the z5c and 1520 until later this year and see how things are then. I preferred my 1520 over the s8+ for several reasons (including screen size and OS).
Though might be interested in an Honor note 8 (or 9)☺5w