- American Institute of MediationPresident, Core Faculty, 2008 - present
- Leadership Development PartnersPrincipal, 2008 - present
- American Arbitration AssociationMediator, Arbitrator, 1999 - present
- PMA Dispute ResolutionMediator, 2011 - present
- Strategic Resolutions GroupSenior Consultant, 2001 - present
- Mobius Executive LeadershipSenior Consultant, 2005 - present
- The Mediation Alliance & The American Institute of MediationMediator, Executive Coach and Trainer, 1994 - present
- Santa Barbara Superior CourtADR Director, 1999 - 2000
- Ryland HomesVice President of Land and Development, 2000 - 2000
- Pardee HomesDirector of Land Acquisition, 1990 - 1994
Lee Jay Berman began as a full-time mediator in 1994, successfully mediating over 1,300 cases in his 15 years. He is on the mediation panels of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and AMCC. He is a Fellow with the International Academy Mediators, a Diplomat with the California Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, certified by the International Mediation Institute, and a Dispute Resolution Expert with the United Nations Development Programme. He was Mediator of the Year for the US Bankruptcy Court in 2007, and was named one of California’s Top Neutrals by the Daily Journal in 2008.
Also a prominent trainer in the field, Mr. Berman founded the American Institute of Mediation in 2008 and he is Director of the “Mediating the Litigated Case” program for the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at the Pepperdine University School of Law in Malibu. He has conducted trainings for mediators, judges and business leaders in Delhi, India, The Kingdom of Jordan, post-war Croatia, Amsterdam and Dubai, as well as for the AAA, and multiple bar associations, courts, mediation organizations, insurance companies and other corporations.
The inaugural ADR Director for the Santa Barbara Superior Court, he launched that county’s multi-door courthouse approach to cases from 1999-2000. From 2003-2007, he was national chair of the American Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Training Committee, and in addition to serving for eight years on the California Dispute Resolution Council’s board of directors and executive committee, he chaired their statewide Qualifications & Standards Committee for seven years, which published CDRC’s Standards of Practice for California Mediators, and he is in his third year on the California State Bar’s Standing Committee on ADR.
Mr. Berman enjoys a thriving commercial mediation practice and enjoys doing public and private sector training in negotiation, mediation and conflict management, and hosting his radio talk show Talk It Over.
- Gestalt Center for Organization and System Development2007 - 2008