I'm pleased to announce a new 1.2.1 firmware release with the following fixes and enhancements.
* Use the new USB vendor and product IDs assigned to Hughski Limited by the USB Implementers Forum, Inc.
* Switch to using a measurement mode of DURATION by default which uses the pulse width triggered on any edge rather than counting the number of positive edges over a set time interval. This improves accuracy, and lowers quantisation errors by an order of magnitude when taking samples of dark patches.
* Add commands to get and set the measurement mode.
* Send full HID packets as the OS X and Microsoft HID stacks verify that incoming transfers have the correct size. Many thanks to Vernon Tang for working out the problem.
* Update the Microchip Application Libraries to v2013-06-15.
* You need to check that any client accessing the hardware has colorhug-client >= 0.1.12 or colord >= 0.1.23 installed. These were both released a long time ago.
To update the firmware just use the GUI flash updater (which will automatically download, check and apply the new firmware). You can also use colorhug-cmd if you want to downgrade the firmware or do other more advanced things.
I've also spun a new LiveCD with all the latest versions of things:
When F20 is officially out, I'll probably move the LiveCD base to F20 rather than F18.
The new LiveCD is available, as always from http://www.hughski.com/downloads.html
If there are any regressions or calibration failures with the new LiveCD or the new firmware, please let me know as soon as possible and I can easily respin the LiveCD or push out a new firmware update.
p.s. In January there'll hopefully be some more announcements about
ColorHug2. Stay tuned :)