I've been working on a family of mallets. The wood is all pecan, mostly spalted, and the finish is danish oil. The little ones are for my kids, and the big ones have been sold. It was fun to make things in a batch rather than making one-offs for once.
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 6 previous comments
- Hmm... I may have just found my next project. Great job.Jan 3, 2012
- You guys should post your mallets on Lumberjocks. They seem to love mallets. And cutting boards.Jan 3, 2012
- (this should be above's post) I agree, my 4x4 mallet is functional, but looks like an ugly turd. I do believe you've inspired an addition to the "to do" list.Jan 3, 2012
- put a 4x4 in a lathe, turn 6" down to a round handle, hit stuff with it. not picture worthy, downright shameful compared to the art thathas createdJan 3, 2012
- I sold them at WoodNet, and while I'm sure Lumberjocks is a good market too, I don't think I have time for another woodworking forum. But if the WoodNet market for mallets dries up...Jan 4, 2012
- so, you have got a great purpose !Jan 30, 2012
Add a comment...