Living a dream in New York City. I'm the Communications Associate at the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission, tweeting, writing, interviewing and learning from brilliant LGBT human rights defenders around the world. The NYC Civic Corps brought me to this city after I graduated from Western Washington University with a BA in Business Administration: Management Information Systems and Spanish. My roots lie in Spokane, Washington.
A mixture of techie, info-nerd, and diplomat, I'm working to create a world where transphobia, homophobia, racism, and are non-existent and our institutions don't grant more rights and privileges to some at the expense of others.
I'm a feminist, anti-racist, anti-imperialist, queer radical with an agenda.
- Western Washington UniversitySpanish & Management Information Systems, 2006 - 2010
- International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights CommissionCommunications Associate, 2011 - presentCollaborating with an international team of activists and human rights defenders, I manage IGLHRC's social media presence on Facebook + Twitter, keep our website up-to-date, and write, edit, and distribute press releases, media advisories, and op-eds.
- NYC ServiceNYC Civic Corps Member (AmeriCorps), 2010 - 2011During my AmeriCorps year of service, I worked full-time at Learning Leaders, NYC's premiere school volunteer program. I launched two blogs for Learning Leader's College Planning and Book Buddies programs, recruited and placed volunteers, and provided general assistance to all departments throughout the organization.
- Western Washington UniversityWeb Developer (University Residences), 2009 - 2010As a part of a small, agile team, I developed web applications for WWU's department of University Residences in Python using the Django framework.
- Western Washington UniversityResident Advisor, 2007 - 2009Mentored and advised Freshman and Sophomore students living on campus to promote healthy roommate relationships, respect for diversity, and success in the university environment.
- Earthworks Recycling, Inc.Webmaster / Office Administrator, 2003 - 2007My first job in high school, I re-designed Earthworks' website and provided customer service and technical support.