We put together an infographic that breaks out the kinds of priorities we'd have to give up for the $150,000 tax break that Republicans want to give to the nation's millionaires and billionaires. Check it out and share it with your friends.
358 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 378 previous comments
I agree that "fair" is a complex issue. But there are obvious imbalances right now that need to be addressed.
I'll go back to one of my original points in an earlier comment. The key to market investment is diversification. The more you spread out your wealth the less likely you are to lose it due to one bad investment. It's a bad idea to have so few parent companies in our country. Spreading that wealth out into our country's infrastructure: schools, government jobs, etc is actually an investment into our country's future.
It is good for our country to support small business and encourage advances in new technology. That is how we maintain a sustainable and well diversified growth. Quit giving tax breaks to corporations and start giving the breaks to small businesses who already work harder to survive.
And that's just on the corporation side of the argument. We should also be investing into the health and well-being of our people. Did you know that when people are able to get their basic needs met, crime goes down? Desperation leads to desperate acts. It is good for everyone to be getting their basic needs met.Mar 28, 2012
- I want the rich people to keep there money as much is I want to keep mine. If you find the accusation that "you are a socialist" is absurd Mr. Obama, remember, actions speak louder than words, and you have been screaming socialist since you took office. Just to let you know.Mar 31, 2012
- A Nigerian, I agree with all of the above and would crucially add that all we are experiencing in various degrees sums up to the mournful failure of capitalism, and so called free market system. Surly we are on the verge of a major evolutionary happenstance,the collapse of one civilisation, and rise of another.Apr 14, 2012
- The problem isn't capitalism. What we have IS socialism, for and by Corporations. Capitalism is all about the free market and competition. The most anti-competitive entity on the planet is the american corporation.May 15, 2012
- Interestingly, many of the small businesses I've worked for tend to get much of their business from larger corporations. How does one burn the forest of large trees without hurting the young offshoots?Aug 7, 2012
- Fiat money is the problem. It is time to go back gold currencies.Sep 14, 2012