440 followers|22,616 views
Works at Ashraff Associates
Attended ARTTS International Skillcentre
Lives in Colombo, Sri Lanka
440 followers|22,616 views
Add a comment...
Wow! Such an amazing evening! Honoured and privileged to have shared the stage in the company of such inspiring personalities as Harsha de Silva, Shamal Boyagoda, Aamina Nizar, Lonali Rodrigo and Isura Silva! Thank you for having me #TEDxColombo Loved every minute of it!
Add a comment...
Creative Direction, Creative Strategy, Corporate Branding, Copywriting, Acting, Voice Acting, Brand Management, Video Production, Concept Development
- Ashraff AssociatesChief Creative Officer / Managing Director, 2012 - presentResponsible for the complete management and operations of the agency. Lead-in-charge for strategic planning, brand management, creative direction and business development.
- BBDOCreative Director / Head of Copy, 2011 - 2012Responsible for the strategic and creative development of communication platforms, including the supervision of copy and art related materials for Fonterra and some of its key brands such as Anchor, Anlene, PediaPro, PediaPro Mama and Newdale.
- Leo Burnett WorldwideCreative Group Head, 2010 - 2011Responsible for the conceptual development and execution of creative communication platforms for leading international brands such as AkzoNobel, Maggi, Nestomalt and VLCC, to some of Sri Lanka's leading ATL brands such as Cargills, Mackinnons Travels, DFCC Bank, DFCC Mindstar and Nippon Cement.
- Grant McCann EricksonCreative Group Head, 2008 - 2010Launched Samsung 3D LED TV in Sri Lanka. Part of the team that won the regional bid for Etisalat. Played an integral role in generating communication platforms for many of Sri Lanka's leading ATL and BTL brands which included Sri Lankan Airlines, Sampath Bank, Durdans Hospitals, Tokyo Cement Group and Singer, to name a few.
- Bates 141 Strategic AllianceCreative Group Head, 2008 - 2008During this brief tenure, worked on multinational brands such as Hutch and Triumph. Led a team, pitched, won and produced outstanding work for four major Sri Lankan brands i.e. Sigiriya Village, Colombo Municipal Council, Colourcon Roofing Tiles and PC House.
- Grant McCann EricksonSenior Copywriter, 2006 - 2008Played a pivotal role as an Agency Director/Producer. Conceptualized, planned and co-managed events which included regional McCann-Erickson Training Workshops and The Chillies Advertising Awards. Initiated, led and supervised production teams on several web based projects.
- Gabriel's TouchManaging Director, 2004 - 2005Responsible for both Brand and Creative Management. Spearheaded a series of successive projects in collaboration with local government agencies such as the Sri Lanka Institute of Architects (SLIA) and the Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA). Created a new brand identity for the National Housing Development Authority (NHDA). Responsible for producing innovative, interactive media presentations in order to source relief aid for the Tsunami Victims of 2004 in Sri Lanka.
- JWTCopywriter, 2004 - 2005Authored the corporate brand manual for the Ceylon Tobacco Company's (CTC) Bristol brand. Developed creative strategies and communication platforms for Unilever's Lipton Ceylonta tea label, in addition to many other key brands such as Taj Exotica, John Keells Holdings, Healthguard Pharmaceuticals, Keells Supermarkets, Seylan Bank, Ceylinco Consolidated and Blue Diamond Jewellery.
- Young Asia TelevisionProducer, 2002 - 2002Co-produced a magazine format infotainment series entitled YOUNG OUTLOOK, which dealt with the lives and challenges of young activists around the world.
- ARTTS International SkillcentreTrainee, 2001 - 2002ARTTS International SkillCentre was a Multimedia Training Institute that specialized in a hands-on approach towards intensive media oriented training with courses in Acting, Directing and Production Operations. Professional Credits - The ARTTS Theatre (York) : 'Cat Amongst The Pigeons' by Georges Feydeau (2002) 'Twelfth Night' by William Shakespeare (2002) 'Ali Baba & The Forty Thieves: A Christmas Pantomime' (2001) 'Whose Life Is It Anyway?' by Brian Clark (2001) 'Make Believe' by A.A Milne (2001) 'Little Bro Morning Big Sis Afternoon' by Mike Tibbetts (2001)
- Young Asia TelevisionAssociate Producer, 1998 - 2001Responsible for directing, filming, editing and producing a series of magazine format infotainment programs such as Ya Cafe, Ya Tribe and The Road Show. Handled special media projects commissioned by UNESCAP and NORAD. Produced a 45 minute In-Flight Pilot developed exclusively for Sri Lankan Airlines.
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Bubwith, Yorkshire, UK
399/1 Thimbirigasyaya Road, Colombo 5, Sri Lanka
I Love It When A Plan Comes Together
Aman brings to the table over 15 years of experience from his career that spans through the leading Agencies of Sri Lanka. After graduating from the University of Life, this skilful strategic thinker keeps adding value to his arsenal of talents, honing in on the solutions that yield the best results for his clients. Internationally, his craft has struck metal at Adfest and Spikes Asia, while locally it has dazzled at The Chillies and SLIM. Being a self-confessed coffee addict, an avid cinephile, a hardcore comicoholic and a professional voice artist, Aman’s passion for his brands is only rivaled by the love for his family and friends.
Proprietor of arguably the most elaborate geek shrine in Sri Lanka!
- ARTTS International SkillcentreDiploma in Production Operations, 2001 - 2002
- Wycherley International SchoolG.C.E (O/L) Ordinary Level Examination Certificate, 1985 - 1999
The Dark Lord, A, Mr. A, A-Man, ArchAngel