Sweet and Spicy Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Executive Chef and Partner Kenny Callaghan of Blue Smoke in NYC: http://goo.gl/fo0lJ
Recipe and photo courtesy of +The Chef's Connection Makes 4 servingsBBQ dry rub
1 teaspoon Lawry’s season salt
2 teaspoon white sugar
3/4 teaspoon Mexican style chili powder
¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon Spanish paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
3/8 teaspoon ground fennel seed
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
1/16 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/8 teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon celery salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
¼ t teaspoon onion salt
1/8 teaspoon lemon pepperBBQ Sauce
1 ounce vegetable oil
½ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon white pepper
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dark molasses
6 tablespoons tomato paste
½ cup water
1 tablespoons French’s yellow mustardThe ribs
2 rack baby back ribsMake the BBQ dry rub
In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together. Set aside.Make the BBQ sauce
1. In a medium sauce pot , over medium heat, add the oil, onion and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Lower the heat and add in the dry spices. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the vinegar, Worcestershire, molasses,tomato paste, water and mustard and raise the heat to high to bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to a simmer and allow sauce to reduce until it coats the back of a spoon.
5. Remove from stovetop, allow to cool and place in a plastic container.
6. Chill before use.Make the ribs
1. Preheat oven or smoker to 225ºF. If using smoker add apple or cherry wood.
2. With your hands, press the dry rub all over the racks, rubbing on both sides.
3. Place ribs on a baking sheet and roast or smoke for 4 hours or until tender.
4. Apply the BBQ sauce in the last 5 minutes of the cooking process.
5. Cut bones individually and serve immediately. #ZagatRecipes