My latest- Tax Responsibility Rests with the Government, Not the Rich: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carol-roth/tax-responsibility-rests-_b_2228989.html
7 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 42 previous comments
- it's funny, because if i told you where i went to school, you'd hide your jealousy by calling it "the people's republic of...." but that's okay. i was fortunate enough to get into the school i wanted and i paid for the whole thing myself, working 2 jobs and going full time. weather or not i spell things correctly on social networking sites really has nothing to do with my ability to reason or my education level. after all, this is an informal forum, not a dissertation.
people who are not like you, liberals, well, many of us worked hard to get where we are. many of us own small businesses, and many of us hire people and pay them a good wage and offer benefits. many of us probably live in your neighborhood and wave hello to you as well. people like me donate to secular charities which don't hide behind religious tax exemptions and have to actually prove they are doing charity. we love our families just like you do and we spend our money in our communities, no matter how much more it costs to do so.
you should get to know a few liberals, we're not the evil immoral monsters you wish we were, we just don't see things the way you do, and that's what's great about this country, no matter how much you deny it, the idea that people of all races, sexualities, political and religious persuasions can be countrymen and patriots. im sorry that you do not see it that way, but one day maybe your thinking will become a little more enlightened and you will accept people who are not just like you. if i were a religious person, i'd pray to the magical sky man for you, but since i only believe things for which there is evidence, i will simply hope that your mind opens one day.Dec 6, 2012
- Not particularly. If I previously highly esteemed that school, my estimation would certainly be lowered.
I have quite a number of liberal friends but none of them spout empty rhetoric. They are well-educated. I'm afraid we're at an impasse, John. Like Sergeant Schultz, you desperately cling to the party line and continue to talk to people instead of with them about these issues.
I hope you'll find time and a good lawyer, however, so you might get something in terms of compensation from that alma mater of yours that left you so unprepared to face the real world.
Ciao!Dec 6, 2012
- my "rhetoric" is in response to your consistent statements that people like me, by virtue of disagreeing with your neo-confederate world view, are necessarily immoral. if the way you talked about people who you disagree with was not so hateful, i wouldn't even have bothered you.
you can disagree with people without making it a huge moral issue where they are necessarily "bad folks" by virtue of not being just like you. this is the problem i have with the latest incarnation of "the conservative movement". i know old school republicans who voted for obama because they don't hate gays, atheists, muslims, immigrants and liberals. that is why your movement will never win a national election if your movement does not change. people in cities don't play that bigoted shit and people in cities outnumber people who live in small towns by a huge margin.
change your movement. you don't seem dumb, you just seem to have bought into this idea that people are trying to take something from you. it's the fault of the tea party really, not the fault of all conservatives. but if you let the crazies drive the car, you eventually drive right off a cliff.
as for the schooling thing, i don't even work in political science, which is what my degree is in, i run a small tech company in silicon valley, so as it pertains to my life today, my education only helps me insofar as it taught me how to think critically... another thing that the new conservative movement with their hyper religiosity and their intense nationalism seems to stand in opposition to.
sigh, what happened to conservatives like my dad? conservatives who believe that science and reason, not religion and hate, are the way forward. i guess they disappeared the day barack obama was elected. what a shame. if the democrats don't have a strong opposition party, if there is no reasonable and rational opposition to the party in power, no matter the party, that's when tyranny might actually happen. so, for the sake of our country, please park the clown car and join us here in reality. we miss you.Dec 7, 2012
- LOL, whatever. We're done here. Put down those Oreos and go read a book, David.Dec 7, 2012
- yep, everyone who disagrees with you is necessarily uneducated and doesn't read enough. you're proving my point more and more every time you type. if you cannot accept that we live in a free society with a wide range of opinions and world views, then i guess there's just not much more to talk about.
enjoy your tiny world of absolutes.Dec 7, 2012
- Nope, but everyone who disagrees with me and demonstrates they are uninformed and cannot string together a sentence better than a 10-year-old, hey. It's your own diaper.Dec 7, 2012