By Spooky on August 1st, 2011 Category: Art, Pics http://www.odditycentral.com/category/art/page/6
This piece of quilled eye candy was created by Susan Myers, of Suzy’s Artsy-Craftsy Sitcom, and it’s not only one of the coolest reproductions of Van Gogh’s Starry Night, but one of the most awesome artworks I have ever seen.
I wrote a post about the art of quilling some time ago, and it became one of the most popular posts on Oddity Central, so I expect many of you are going to find this particular artwork fascinating. Quilling basically means cutting colorful strips of paper and rolling them with a special tool, but it’s a lot harder than it sounds. Creating advanced shapes out of paper strips and placing them in the right position requires genuine skill.
Susan Myers is an artist with a mission – to complete one of her UFOs (Unfinished Objects) every month. In the month of June she worked on a quilled replica of Vincent Van Gogh’s Starry Night, one of the most famous paintings in the world, and finally managed to finish it in late July. But noticing the attention to detail in her work it’s easy to understand why it took her a little longer than planned. She started her masterpiece by drawing the basic outline with a white-color pencil on a large sheet of thick blue cardstock. Then she grabbed her quilling tool, a paper cutter and colored cardstock and the rest is history.
I discovered quilling a year ago, and since then I have posted a number of impressive works of art created using only strips of colorful paper, but I haven’t seen anything as impressive as Babushka since Susan Myers’ recreation of Van Gogh’s Starry Night. It takes a lot of skill to shape simple pieces of paper into a detailed artwork, but Yulia Brodskaya has definitely taken quilling to new heights, using light and shadow to create an awe-inspiring masterpiece that carries a powerful emotional message. The Russian-born artist says Babushka is “the first piece in the series of works which I consider a declaration of love to the material and the technique. It is also an attempt to raise a profile of this paper craft, which has been previously regarded with some disdain, and to bring this type of artwork on a new level in terms of its ability to convey meaning and emotions.” She’s definitely up to a great start and I can’t wait to see what she does next.
I found this post on odditycentral.com and the article was written By Spooky on October 26th, 2011
· Accomplished HR Corporate and Recruiting Manager experienced in sourcing, interviewing, matching, and recruiting for a broad range of positions from entry level to senior management.
· Utilize AIRS type training, Boolean search methods, and applicant tracking databases to research potential candidates, competitors, and clients.
· Expert sourcing of top talent through the Internet, cold calls, writing and placing ads, networking, and employee referrals to find desired prospects with the negotiation and people skills to retain such individuals.
· Creation of new leads and built strong client relationships to preserve and develop future business.
· Generation of revenues and conservation of resources to promote profitability by streamlining hiring process leading to expedient fulfillment of requisitions.
· Skilled use of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) such as: Goldmine, WebPas, Humanis, Recruiting Solutions, PC Recruiter, Taleo, Bulldog, and Ceridian.
· Computer and Internet savvy with expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Linkedin, LeadFarret, Jigsaw, Hoovers, Google+, Adobe, Photoshop, HTML, and typing speeds of 80 WPM
Diverse areas of expertise and executive search for: Financial, IT, HR, Medical, Administrative, Legal, Retail, Banking, Engineering, Manufacturing, Telecommunications, Government, Aerospace, Call Center, and Executive Placement.
Inside Solar Sales- Base plus commission! | GetHired.com
GetHired helps you get more interviews and more offers so you can find the career of your dreams. Employers, find top quality candidates at