Next observation: There doesn't seem to be a way of showing my public stream to 'randoms' (i.e. those not using Google+ yet) So on twitter/fb I can go to e.g. twitter.com/sxa555 and get my public stream. Is there a way to do that here, or is it something that won't be available while it's still in limited invite mode?
no plus ones
- Yup - your public profile is at https://plus.google.com/105235738309897483064/posts and is visible without being logged in. There's a way to make that URL more readable, let's see if I can find it...Jun 30, 2011
- Ooops. For some reason I had it in my head that was a session ID in the URL and not a UID so didn't test it when not logged in. sxa #fail (Hmmm I suppose hangouts are designed to be like hashtags/chatrooms, although with the obvious risk of fragmentation. Wonder how well that will work in practice)Jun 30, 2011
- Hmm, maybe that's not made it to plus.
There used to be an option to replace the magic number with your gmail id, with the caveat that anyone who sees your profile can guess your gmail address. Mine still works if you also replace 'plus' with 'profiles' (though it's now a redirect to plus with the magic number).Jun 30, 2011
- I suppose you could always set up a goo.gl URL pointing at your profile! Other URL shorteners are available.Jun 30, 2011
- Indeed (And I do tend to use goo.gl now) - and that's actually a very valid point about the email guessing thing so it's probably a good thing on balance ...Jun 30, 2011
- http://goo.gl/kGBbZ doesn't have a particularly catchy ring to it, but it's short enough to stick on the header of my blog I suppose :)Jun 30, 2011
- Oh, how embarrassing. I thought goo.gl was one of those URL shorteners that lets you put in your own short text. Don't use 'em very much, myself.Jun 30, 2011
- Jun 30, 2011
Add a comment...