Start a hangout
121 followers|151,772 views
Works at Il Ristorante Rosi
Attended Ferdinando Martini
Lives in New York
121 followers|151,772 views
- Il Ristorante RosiExecutive Chef/Partner, 2012 - presentIl Ristorante Rosi on Madison Avenue is the second New York location for Cesare Casella, the iconic Italian chef with aromatic rosemary sprigs blooming from his pocket. This new location is a traditional, modern, white tablecloth restaurant featuring Chef Casella’s simple, honest, classic Italian cuisine. The restaurant offers a salumi counter for guests to take home fine Italian produce as well as a sit-down dining area with a full menu for both lunch and dinner. The interior of Il Ristorante Rosi is designed by Oscar award-winning set designer, Dante Ferretti and it evokes memories of ancient Pompeiian villas.
- Salumeria RosiExecutive Chef/Partner, 2008 - presentCesare Casella, award-wining chef and Italian culinary authority, is a Partner and the Executive Chef at Salumeria Rosi. Cesare has created a special menu of trattoria-style small plate Italian dishes for the restaurant and masterfully prepared foods-to-go for the salumi counter. The Salumeria carries the best production of salumi from Italy, a select Italian specialty production made exclusively for Chef Casella, hand-crafted artisanal salumi from the United States, and a new production of United States-made salumi under the name of Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto. Chef Casella also consults with retail food establishments to advise on their salumi programs.
- The Italian Cooking School by Cesare CasellaOwner/President, 2011 - presentThe Italian Cooking School by Cesare Casella is the authentic choice for Italian Culinary adventures and customized Italian travel experiences and education.
- Republic of Beans, Inc.Owner/President, 1999 - presentWith Repubilc of Beans, Chef Casella is able to share his lifelong love of true Italian ingredients with chefs and home cooks.
- The Center for DiscoveryChief of the Department of Nourishment Arts, 2005 - presentThe DaVinci Project is Cesare's initiative to raise awareness about sustainability and nutrition for residents of The Center for Discovery. Working in collaboration with Thanksgiving Farm in upstate New York, the DaVinci Project brings local, fresh, organic produce to The Center where Chef Casella educates his staff on how to best prepare seasonal, nutritional dishes catered to the well-being of The Center for Discovery's residents.
- International Culinary CenterDean of Italian Studies, 2004 - presentChef Casella brought his vision and expertise to the students of The International Culinary Center as its Dean of Italian Studies, designing the curricula for the Italian Culinary Experience—a comprehensive study-abroad training program in Italian cuisine, culture, and language.
The Swami of Salami
Chef Cesare Casella is best known as the chef with the rosemary. He is rarely without a small bouquet springing from his jacket pocket, a signature that represents his dedication to fresh ingredients, his herb-inflected cuisine and his childhood in the Tuscan countryside. Chef Casella is the owner and executive chef of Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto and Il Ristorante Rosi. He is the Dean of Italian Studies at the International Culinary Center and serves as Chief of the Department of Nourishment Arts at The Center for Discovery, where he works to raise awareness about sustainability and nutrition.
- Ferdinando Martini1977