1. I propose that we set the corporate income tax rate at 15%. No tax breaks should be granted to corporations.
2. I propose that we tax estates at a rate of 10%.
3. I propose that we tax realized capital gains as normal income, either corporate or personal.
4. I propose that we tax dividend and interest income as normal income, either corporate or personal.
5. I propose that we set the personal income tax rate as a simple graduated scale:
5a. a 15% rate for the first $250,000 of income.
5c. a 20% rate for income over the first $250,000.
I estimate that under this tax plan, Romney would pay slightly more than 15% in taxes. I estimate that under this tax plan, most Americans would pay a lower percentage than Romney in taxes.
"Each renewal secured terms and conditions equal to or better than the previous licensing round."
--We fleeced these guys.
"Patents are MOSAID's primary asset."
"We signaled our resolve to protect our intellectual property.... by intensifying our litigation activity."
--We are patent trolls.
"We've initiated patent infringement activities against ... Atheros, Marvel, Intel, Ralink, ... Nvidia, Freescale, Interphase, ... Elpedia Memory, Buffalo, ActionTech, and Cisco."
--And we're going after everybody.
1. The government provides these services, Z, which cost $Y, and therefore the tax rate should be X%.
2. The government should have a tax rate of X%, which generates $Y, and can therefore provide these services, Z.
If you think about taxes from the viewpoint of option (2), what should X be? In other words, if you could pick a percentage of your total income to pay in taxes, what would that percentage be, and why?
Backcountry.com: Outdoor Gear & Apparel by The North Face, Mountain ...
Get Free 2-Day Shipping On Orders Over $50. Find the foremost selection of The North Face, Mountain Hardwear, Arcteryx, Patagonia & Marm
Google+: real life sharing, rethought for the web.
Google+ aims to make sharing on the web more like sharing in real life. Check out Circles, Messenger and Hangouts, just a few of the things