Nothing to fear but fear itself.
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- NASA, education, science... lots of things . But, no, let's just assume that the money would instead go creationism. Who's the cynic again?Jan 25, 2013
- Then obviously I've had what little Anthropology classes I've been in taught incorrectly. I apologize for that... but it's not just been there that I've been taught (and done readings of my own) that humanity gravitates towards violence as a response to some action. Maybe I'm just looking at all the wrong things.
/sarcasm Oh well... oops. I was at fault for reporting wrong 'facts' on the Internet. /sarcasm endJan 25, 2013
- Are you looking to start an argument? Because you appear to be trying really hard to be confrontational, or maybe that's just how you communicate. Your previous response was very cynical (not to mention the last one); my point was better to funnel the little bit of money it will cost (and is really less than a drop in the bucket compared to the national budget, even lower than PBS), instead of it potentially being funneled toward something actively harmful to society in general.
It was actually very positive in retrospect. Plus, it's going to happen no matter how much we complain, so the least we can do is look for the good and prepare for it.Jan 25, 2013
- Nah, it's cool. I'm a sarcastic brat is all.
I don't like to run with the story that Sandy Hook and other such issues are 'natural' because there is little to no data as you said.
I think both sides have it 'wrong' though. Introducing more guns (by untrained civilians is just stupid, where taking all the 'good-guys' guns away is equally as stupid. Around me there's some rather intense views on gun crime, and guns in general. /tangent
I do want to see where this study is taken, and I don't know what good or bad it will do (although it may not have sounded like that). The only thing I do have a problem with is using those kids and teachers (and every other victim of a shooting) as a springboard for politics.
Edit: Also, bravo for actually spelling out 'for what it's worth' instead of using FWIW.Jan 25, 2013
- I would agree if I thought any good would come of it. It's just more government feel-goodism to try to find blame for a tragedy.Jan 25, 2013
- I disagree in principle, but I can't categorically disagree because it is also likely that it will accomplish absolutely nothing. I just hope it doesn't.Jan 25, 2013