Why is the WiiU not selling great?
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- I honestly think it is a combination of marketing and a lack luster launch. Marketing wise outside of your sweaty basement dwelling high school gamer most people didn't even know about it at all until it launched and the main audience of the Wii was non gamers you know those people with lives that don't troll the internet for game information so unless you tell those people they have no idea. . The launch however had enough issues to annoy people like the slow menu system that it didn't drive hype (gamer marketing) up.
I have no fear that those issues will get fixed over time and it will go on to sell very well in the next few years.Jan 31, 2013
- and a side note please no one make the same tired argument about nintendo only making kid games or mario games.
Every major company just releases their new version of their series. If you want new original games you are wasting your time on consoles get a PC and look at the indie movement there.
Oh and yes nintendo makes games for kids but there is a reason for that.......games are for kids. your not a big cool adult if you are playing a FPS or GTA your an adult enjoying a kids past time. Really want to be an adult go read a book or mow your lawn or I don't know play with your kids so they don't just play video games all the time.
sorry minor rant there the broken record that is the "gamer" gets oldJan 31, 2013
- Why are you posting and reading about games if you think games are for kids?
And I sure as hell wouldn't let a kid play half the games I do, they are certainly made for adults.
I bet you think cartoons are for kids and thing people who watch Anime are just enjoying kids past times... well you should watch some of those Animes and see if they are something you think a kid should be watching.
How about professional football? Sports are for kids, are they just playing at a kid's past time?Jan 31, 2013
- I was kind of sort of with you until the third paragraph. Gaming as a medium is for all ages, not just kids. I would say the same thing about many Nintendo games. They can appeal to both kids and adults.Jan 31, 2013
- Only six?Jan 31, 2013
- I think you miss understand I am not saying just because something is designed for kids doesn't mean you can't enjoy it or shouldn't enjoy it however I am saying that the argument that one game company makes "kid" games is kind of stupid since games are pretty much just toys and at their roots are designed for the simplest audience....kids
Jess.... please violent games (which I assume is what you wouldn't let a kid play) are completely made for kids. About the only games I see as not designed for kids would be slow paced turned based strategy games or perhaps mystery games that choose to have a reading level higher than most kids. The only real difference between "lego city undercover" (rated E for kid game) and "GTA" (rated M for adult game) is less hookers and a brighter color palette.Jan 31, 2013