Some more information about auditioning for "Female Voice"
Here are two sample lines:
1. If this is a diary, I should start with a "Dear so-and-so" right? But I've been sitting here trying to think who I'd send it to. It's not an entry into facebook or blogger and I don't really want to go and write poetry about life here in this ugly, smelly warehouse. Everybody is busy and I guess that means they don’t notice the smell as much,but I do. Don’t get me wrong. I’d love to be busy with building privacy walls or fixing meals or putting in plumbing for new toilets, but I’ve been classified as "Walking Wounded". So until my leg heals up, here I sit with a laptop and a lot of time to kill.
2 Let me start at the top. As you - whoever "YOU" are - probably know well enough, the world had a bit of a disagreement with the dead. The dead didn't want to stay dead. In fact, they much preferred getting back up to eat the living. The eaten would fall down, die, get up and join the band. It all started in Southeast Asia, so I'm told, when some people got real sick and started going crazy. Later on they went crazy, died, came back and went even more crazy. Of course I don't know how much of this is true since we've learned that a whole lot of what we'd been told in the news was a big fat lie.
Deadline: Midnight eastern time the morning of Feb. 12, 2012
Requirements for audition submission:
* Recording quality is important!
* Please record at a moderate sound level and eliminate as much background noise as possible.
* Please record in MONO 44100hz 24-bit (preferred, 16-bit minimum) WAV or MP3 (128kbps)
* Please submit all lines listed with the character audition.
* All recordings should be saved as: "A_FEMALE READER_(ActorName).MP3/WAV
* All e-mails should be titled "Audition for HG World Female Reader" and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org