#PublicPost Some things I really wish Spotify had (please ignore this if you have no interest in Spotify or whatnot):
* Regarding the player/app UI, I really miss the "cmd-L" shortcut in iTunes. This command immediately brings one to the currently-playing track in iTunes, which can be quite handy if one has a lot of open playlists and is doing something else, say, browsing. It doesn't need to map to CMD-L, but an analogous shortcut would be a pleasure.
* I listen to a lot of dance music (and, thanks, Spotify, for having a pretty decent selection of trax!). I miss the ability to set custom start times for a track (under Info -> Options in iTunes for any given song), as dance tracks often take a minute or to to "get started."
* Boy, howdy, I wish there were custom view columns like iTunes, or, at the very least, Spotify would "remember" that I resized, say, the Album name column. It's making me crazy.
* Again with the dance music. I am often looking for the latest. A way to sort by release date on search results would be priceless for me. A view column that is release date would also be oh-so-sweet.
* More discoverability! Please! I note that a number of DJ podcasts are being integrated, with individual trax. ME LIKEY. But finding this stuff is nigh impossible. Yeah. Discoverability overall is pretty close to nil. Maybe I just need some more "friends."
* All of the tracks I starred yesterday in my desktop app went away when I starred a single track in my mobile client. That smells like a bug.
* Genres. Or tagging. Or something beyond the basics of playlists to organize my shiz-nit.
* Despite the "You don't have to have Facebook" claims regarding social and sharing with Spotify, the situation is pretty lame if you don't. I can't have a photo on my profile AFAICT, and the only way to add friends is to know their username. I can't see my friends' friends, so I can't start walking up the chain that way to add people. Urk.
Having said all of this, it is likely that Spotify is the Music Rental Service for Me! It's about a googzillion times better than Rhapsody so far.
Finally, I have just a couple of invites left if you are looking for one.