"... the digital console of the car where drivers control A/C, music, and navigation can have a decidedly old-school feel when compared to the functionality and look of a smartphone. The touchscreen in many cars can be finicky and hard to use, forcing many drivers to use their smartphone for navigation or music" #connected #car
I have serious reservations about both candidates, and I voted for Hillary, whom I've never trusted, because I felt she was the least bad choice. Now the unthinkable has happened.
My first impression is that anger has won the 2016 election in a clean sweep, and how we shall see how it governs. Anger can be a very useful emotion, and appropriate, but, like fear, it rarely leads to wise decisions about complex issues. It breaks things.
I hope that winning the election will quench some of the anger in America, but I am preparing for a very different political environment. I hope that this outcome wakes up more of the population. I think we need to be much, much, much more active; I plan to be, anyway. It is obvious that the political and economic policies can no longer be left to "the system." It needs significant change, and I plan to be a part of that.
How about you?
• Conventional brand-focused social media that shared content
• Experiential stakeholder-focused social media that shared content
• Experiential stakeholder-focused social media that interacted
Check out the amazing results!!
- CSRA Inc.Managing Director, 2006 - present
- nVISIA LLCVice President Marketing & Alliances, 2002 - 2006
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Management Consulting ServicesPrincipal, Strategic Change, 1998 - 2001
- KPMGMarketing Director, Midwest High Technology Practice, 1997 - 1998
- MBSI/STRHead of Marketing, 1995 - 1997
- Rollyson and AssociatesPrincipal, 1991 - 1995
- Free-lanceEnglish/French/Italian Interpreter, 1984 - 1985
- CSRA just completed a case study in which experiential social media outperformed legacy (traditional) social media 4-to-1 in incoming ecommerce sessions and 7-to-1 in ecommerce pageviews. We do it by empowering people in reaching their goals, not by promoting our client. But the ecommerce site was our client's!
- I often create & leverage proprietary IP (intellectual property) to facilitate adoption
- I've managed multi-party engagements as a consultant as well as complex marketing programs as an executive, a rare combination
- I have analytical & creative design experience, so I can create products, programs and new ventures that solve business problems
- I've lived and worked in 6 countries... speak several languages
- For SPEAKING/CONFERENCE qualifications (+ pdf/video/podcast links), see http://tinyurl.com/csrspeak
- University of Chicago Booth Graduate School of BusinessCorporate Strategy, 2000 - 2000
- University of Chicago Booth Graduate School of BusinessEconomics, 1989 - 1990
- Université de Clermont-Ferrand FranceFrench, 1984 - 1984
- Volkshochschule Tiergarten BerlinGerman, 1985 - 1985
- Kalamazoo CollegeHistory (French), 1978 - 1982
- Liceo Americano d'Aviano/Aviano American High SchoolCollege Preparatory, 1974 - 1977
- Professional Speaker Page (current)
iBeacons – Fad Or Trend? The Use-Cases For Retail And Omni-Channel So…
iBeacons – Fad Or Trend? 23 slides on the use-cases of Apple's BLE – Bluetooth Low Energy – beacon technology that allows for the first time
Talking Toasters: The Need for Narratives from the Internet of Things | ...
In its recent report, McKinsey pointed to the expanded adoption of the Internet of Things (which they now coin as “The Internet of All Thing
Africa innovations: 15 ideas helping to transform a continent
A mobile phone database for dairy farmers and a strain of sweet potato that can help fight child blindness. These are just two of the imagin
The Steve Jobs story you should see isn't told in 'Jobs'
'Jobs' the movie is worth seeing, but falls short with omission of Steve Jobs's real transformation or later, greater achievements
Inventables Raises $3 Million To Continue Expansion of Digital Manufactu...
June 17, 2013, Chicago IL - Inventables, Inc., the leading source for 3d printers for digital manufacturing, today announced a $3 million ro
QR Codes Good Examples: Traditional Media Uses Mobile Marketing by @scha...
QR codes good examples can be found. They are successful because there is a thought & a marketing strategy behind. An example from printed m
Turn Your Blog Posts into an E-Book with Blog Into Book
How many of you keep a blog? Whether your content is full of well-researched thought pieces on a particular subject, or stream of consciousn
Scientists map the wiring of the biological clock | KurzweilAI
(Credit: iStockphoto) The connections make the clock precise but also let it adjust to changes in day/night cycles. The World Health Organiz
The 11 Most Fascinating Charts From Mary Meeker's Epic Slideshow of Inte...
Facebook is the only major social network in decline. Saudis share more online than anyone. You check your phone 150 times a day. And more.
The Big-Data Interview: Making Sense of the New World Order | Wired Ente...
Welcome to the Big Data era. A lot of people -- most notably computer companies -- talk about Big Data these days, but very few people seem
New App Lets You Boycott Koch Brothers, Monsanto And More By Scanning Yo...
A new app allows you to scan a product in the supermarket aisle and learn who exactly is behind that box of cereal. More impressively, you c