I found these two praying mantis on my picnic table this afternoon just after the fight had finished and lunch was going to the victor. At one point, they were the same size.
Updating my profile from time to time... My friends know what I'm leaving out, and others don't need to know.
I love living in Portland, Oregon and think it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I also love the outdoors, running, tennis, swimming, biking, skiing, and camping.
I have always needed stability in my life and enjoy being around dependable people who do what they say they're going to do.
I can stand in the middle of hundreds of people rushing somewhere or doing seemingly important things and just enjoy the moment.
I'm a girly-girl at heart, but I can be tough when I need to be.
I have discovered my place in Google+. I have found a number of friends who I enjoy reading what they have to say, only to have their posts swallowed by a flood of information. I enjoy friendships and associations with others who share my interests, know me personally, or make me laugh. I am slowly filtering my circles to make sure I keep in touch with those I care about.
In my circles I have…
Friends & Family who are a part of my everyday life, know where I live, share my life’s passions and pains, and who have seen me at my best and my worst.
Creative Artists & Photographers who amaze me with their talents for creating or capturing life, beauty, culture, and nature.
Awesome Chicks who cover the spectrum of everything it means to be a woman. They help me believe in myself and to understand the amazing things we can do.
Women’s Issues shared by women or others who understand or share things I have been through in life and who know what it means to be a woman.
Running Women who share my passion for running.
Cycling Women who inspire me push hard while I enjoy the world as it passes by.
Outdoor Enthusiasts who like to hike, camp, and explore nature as much as I do.
Fun & Interesting people, who strike my fancy, make me laugh, challenge my view of the world, or seem to be full of life.
Droids, Techs, and Geeks who keep me up to date on technology, amuse me with incessant squabbling about technology preferences, and remind me that it is possible for me to create something that I can only see in my mind today.
Japanese Friends who remind me of a people, country, culture, and language that I love, and who give me a window into another life.
Info Nuts whose life missions, it would appear, are to bring me informative worldviews, and culturally unique, weird, and potentially untrue factoids from around the globe.
And, Guys Who Say Hey who land in this temporary circle until I fit you in somewhere else or determine that I am nothing more than troll bate to you and cut you lose.
- Running (4 - 5 days a week)
- Camping and Hiking
Important Megan Notes:
- Favorite Perfume: Flower by Kenzo
- Favorite Flower: Lilly
- Favorite Running Shoe: Mizuno Inspire
- Favorite Run: Hood to Coast
- Favorite Ski Resort: Telluride, Colorado
- Favorite Ski Run: The Plunge
- Best Hike: Rim to Rim; Grand Canyon Arizona
- Best Mountain Bike Riding: Moab, Utah
- Favorite Mountain Bike: Cannondale Lexi
- Favorite Road Bike: Specialized Ruby Pro
- Favorite Car: Audi A6
- Best Vacation: Maui, Hawaii
- Best Airport: Portland International
- Best Airline: Alaska Airlines, Singapore Airlines
- Favorite Restaurant: El Tovar Lodge, Grand Canyon National Park
- More to come as I think of my favorites and bests
Things I dislike:
- Tampon dispensers in public places like hotels, airports, stores. They are almost always either empty or vandalized with knobs broken and doors pried open.
- Businesses that put phones next to cash registers so that the clerk can answer the phone to help someone who isn't yet a customer instead of the person waiting to purchase something.
- Fog at airports, it is never good for travel schedules.
- Garbage on the road up to my neighborhood. Come on people you're less than a 1/2 mile from home.
- Guys online who ask me for pictures. If we've met and hung out together or been on a date then you have pictures of me. But honestly if we've never met, I don't know what you're doing with my picture so please don't ask for one. I'm not good at lying and I don't want to hurt your feelings.