Umami soup: you should try it.
1lb kale, washed and cut into strips
1lb kielbasa sausage, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
4 cups chicken stock or water
5 cloves garlic
2-3 dried chilies, to taste
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil for sauteing
1) Add oil, onions and garlic to a large soup pot, saute until onions are tender.
2) Add potatoes and continue sauteing for 2 min, stirring constantly.
3) Add stock and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender, but not soft, about 5-7 minutes.
4) In a separate pan, saute kielbasa for about 2 minutes, or until it's browned and smells delicious. Turn off heat and dump skillet into the larger pot, oil and all. Stir
5) Add kale to pot. Cook 10 min. Enjoy with toasted bread and sharp cheddar.