- WESH 2 NewsMeteorologist, 2012 - presentMeteorologist for all weekend newscasts
- WPBF 25 NewsMeteorologist, 2006 - 2012Meteorologist for various newscasts over the nearly 7 year run
- WFTV Channel 9Newscast Director / Weather Producer, 2001 - 2006Worked as a 'jack of all trades' in production, and worked alongside the on air Meteorologists in the weather center
1021 N. Wymore Rd. Winter Park, FL 32789
Few people can say they forecast the weather for their hometown friends and family, but Winter Park native and WESH 2 First Alert meteorologist Eric Burris is thrilled to be one of them.
He first worked at WESH 2 News as a fill-in meteorologist in 2007. Prior to that, he worked as a meteorologist for six years at a competing station in Orlando. Most recently, he worked at WESH 2 sister station WPBF-TV in West Palm Beach. He holds the American Meteorological Society seal of approval.
After graduating from Lake Howell High School, Eric attended Seminole State University and graduated from Mississippi State University. But his fondest memories take him back to his time at the University of Central Florida (UCF), where he played the baritone for the UCF Marching Knights.
Eric is an expert when it comes to hurricanes. He’s tracked Hurricanes Charley, Frances, and Jeanne. He remains in awe of Mother Nature’s power, and is committed to delivering the first alert when severe weather threatens.
Eric loves meeting viewers and educating adults and kids alike about the science of meteorology.
Read more: http://www.wesh.com/tv/news-team/Meteorologist/-/11789914/17794738/-/ov6nk5z/-/index.html#ixzz2csbTQZYL
- Mississippi State University2002 - 2006
- Lake Howell High School1998 - 2002