I am a licensed mental health counselor that enjoys working with clients on a wide range of emotional, behavioral and relationship issues. I provide services that span from therapy for anxiety and depression to grief and trauma to counseling for parents and adolescents to maturing adulthood. While I recognize the enormous courage and strength it requires for people to initially engage with counseling, in my experience, the benefits of counseling and psychotherapy certainly outweigh the initial costs. Whether it's living an anxiety free life or maximizing the happiness potential, I enjoy spending each day collaborating with clients to make subtle adjustments to major improvements in their lives.
In a comfortable, supportive and nonjudgmental atmosphere, I work hard to provide a highly personalized approach to support each client's motivation towards maximizing their life potential. I recognize it as a privilege to help clients tap into their individual strengths and personal power to facilitate the growth and change required for a better life.
My expertise is in:
- Relationship Issues
- Panic Attacks and General Anxiety Related Issues (Excessive Worry or Concern)
- Counseling Men
- Multicultural/ Cross-Cultural concerns
- LGBTQIA Concerns
I am also skilled in providing:
- Therapy for Chronic Depression
- Treatment for Trauma, Grief or Bereavement
- Family Counseling
- Parenting Support
- Couples Therapy/ Relationship Issues
- Separation & Divorce Support
- Gender Identity Counseling
- Grief and Loss Counseling
- Work and Career Transitions and Development Support
- Stress Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Sleep Issues
- Eating Disorders/ Issues with Food, Dieting, Weight Management
- Life Transitions
- Anger Management
Consistent with my penchant for increased communications, social connectedness and well being, I'm an avid support of:
- social justice (specifically motivated towards antiracism, feminism and the LGBT movement)
- fitness and exercise
- good design
- contemporary art
- enhanced consumer electronics
- and new technology
Please feel free to send me a message today if you have any questions related to my interests or expertise or simply want more information on someone you care about or yourself.
Online/ Internet Sessions may be available.
The focus of my graduate school training has been in Clinical Mental Health at the Johns Hopkins University and Psychology at Boston University. Additionally, I have received clinical training from the Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis.
Additional training and expertise in:
Reduced Fee / Sliding Scale
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Solution-Focused Therapy, including Multisystemic Therapy (MST)
- Gottman Couple's Therapy
With mounting challenges and a rapidly evolving world, more people are interested in finding effective and practical solutions to life's ordinary and not-so-ordinary problems. Unfortunately, due to fluctuations in the private insurance market, inflated deductible fees or fee restructuring common to third party payers, many cannot access treatment services for the care they need. It is my mission to provide quality, evidence-based treatment services and effective life solutions to those who are under-insured or uninsured.