Just spending some time ironing out some better fixed storage for my minis. I assembled the custom trays below with foamcore to slot into tabbed closure cardboard boxes.
I got the idea from the board game geek forums, where folks use it to make custom board game trays. It feels surprisingly sturdy, given that it's just foamcore and white glue. It took me about 45 minutes to frame this together, I made better use of the space by nesting an additional layer of infantry on top of the shorter partition. The bottom section already has a magnetic layer for infantry and the upper box will as well. I'm going to line the cavities for the walkers with inexpensive sheet foam rubber.
I think the total cost of the project was about $5, including box, foamcore, foam sheet and magnetic sheet (sourced as remnants from a local sign maker).