What do with hardware that's past the 4 year mark? We load it up with a freshimage and send it off to our partners at . They deploy Ubuntu labs in developing communities, making excellent use of hardware that would otherwise go unused.
1 Photo - View album
69 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I love this stuff. Although living in a developed nation I would love something like this but I always remember there's more deserving people out there.Oct 29, 2013
- Heck, I'm still running on a laptop that is 9+ years old! It has the IBM logo on it instead of Lenovo and Lenovo bought IBM's PC business back in 2003-4!
So 4-year old hardware would seem like brand new to me! :)Oct 29, 2013
- cn i get one? :)Oct 29, 2013
- I also work on 10 years old desktop and on 5years old laptop and they don't feel slow to meOct 29, 2013
- mad ross+1Load Ubuntu. Max out the memory. And take it to an old folks home and teach them how to use it.Oct 29, 2013
- The only problem I have with the laptop and Ubuntu, other than Unity in 12.04, is heavy, is that I have the luckly lottery laptop that cannot handle PAE kernels and after 12.04 Ubuntu comes with... yup!, only PAE kernels.
So for my laptop it is happily running Fedora and Gnome shell just fine.Oct 29, 2013
- Who gives computers to the poor in the US?Oct 30, 2013
- mad ross+2Free Geek does after they teach you how to build a computer and linux.Oct 30, 2013