I have got a bit further with my new Cablebot design. It now has a Z stage using cables. There are some photos on smugmug. So far I do not have an extruder working and the Bowden tube I got is to thin to pass 3mm filament. However it will zoom about the place and seems to be behaving well.
23 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 10 previous comments
- This is awesome all round - I want to make something very similar, but probably with syncromesh on XY and leadscrews on Z.
What are those nice looking grooved bearing idler pulley things? They don't look like 'normal' grooved bearings.Nov 2, 2013
- I just found another guy using the same idea from I think about a year ago but using belts. http://www.youtube.com/user/MaukCC/videos looks good, he calls his a Cartesio.Nov 2, 2013
- The grooved bearings are very cheap, from ebay US$10 for a bag of 20. Fairly poor quality but does not matter for a simple test machine. Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/261230886924?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649Nov 2, 2013
- , sorry my stupid phone has awful autocorrect. I edited my comment, in essence I'm liking your design much better than core xy, due to the independent axes. Isn't it amazing multiple people coming up with identical designs, having never met? Never ceases to amaze me. Again great work, and thanks for the link to the grooved bearingsNov 2, 2013
How's your project? Can you upload Z axis files somewhere?Jan 19, 2014
- I have not really got much farther but it seems Richrap has made a finished design that has taken my idea and pushed to to a full working system.Dec 1, 2014