Code samples available here: https://github.com/cabrera/presentations/tree/master/intro-haskell
Hello, readers. Soon, I'll be moving away from the Blogger platform to a statically hosted blog. I've been playing with hakyll for some time now, and am pleased with it's support for syntax highlighting, markup formats, RSS/Atom generation, and packaged War...
The migration is now complete. Currently, I have: * Atom feed support * Hosted on https:// (with heartbleed patched) * Sources hosted on github * Main blog over at https://blog.cppcabrera.com * All content from here ported over * All posts tagged appropriat...
I just finished submitting my proposal for OSCON 2014. After two days of brainstorming, I feel pretty good about what I've come up with. This talk: Is about something I'm passionate about Is a talk I would give even if I wasn't accepted Requires me to learn...
- EduphoriaSenior Software Developer, 2015 - presentHaskell and web development
- RackspaceSoftware Developer II, 2013 - 2014
- RackspaceSoftware Developer I, 2012 - 2013
- Florida State UniversityGraduate Researcher, 2011 - 2012
- Florida State UniversityGraduate teaching assistant, 2011
- Boost C++ Library developer, 2011 - 2011
- Florida State UniversityM.S., Computer Science, 2008 - 2012
- Florida State UniversityB.S., Computer Science, 2005 - 2008
- UdacityComputer Science, Business, 2011 - 2012
- CourseraA lot..., 2012 - 2012
- 10genMongoDB for Developers, 2012 - 2012
50 million lines of code and counting: supporting students in open source
Back in 2005, we had an idea to get university students interested in open source software during their summer breaks. That year, we launche
OpenCL 2.0 brings new graphics-chip power to software
A new version of the interface makes software running on graphics chips more self-reliant and better at sharing data with conventional softw
Startups Can Now Publicly Say They Are Fundraising. What Do You Think Ab...
The US Securities and Exchange Commission voted to remove an 80 year ban on General Solicitation for company investment today. This is going
The Humble Introversion Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)
Pay what you want for 6 awesome games, and help support two charities. All of the games are DRM-free and support Mac, Windows, and Linux.
GNU Emacs - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)
Sign up for the Free Software Supporter. A monthly email newsletter about GNU and Free Software. Enter your email address (eg richard@exampl