Important petition . . .
It is time for people to understand that a musician is a PROFESSIONAL, and as such, to be able to perform his/her work, he/she needs tools . . . Working tools!
We are consistently treated with discrimination at airports and airlines, as if we were a "bunch of potheads"! We are law abiding citizens, tax payers, and more.
As a matter of fact, in today's world, a musician has to be much more than just "a musician". The skill set necessary ranges from deeper knowledge of IT technologies to audio engineering, music and video production, marketing, product distribution and even finances.
Our guitars are not a "head banging" accessory for a fun night; Our horns are not being carried with us to impress girls (or boys).
Our equipment is state-of-the-art gear that costs lots of hard earned money to acquire, and deserves the proper respect, care and handling.
We as individuals, deserve to be treated with the same respect as any other professional is given.
Enough is enough . . . It is time for change!
Plans to Reunite with her Children
"When MW arrived at Safe Harbor she had just lost her job and missed a payment on her apartment lease. She was evicted the following month and ended up at the shelter. From day one, she picked herself up and began looking for any type of employment. She continued to put in applications day after day until she was hired full time at a local restaurant. MW moved into a single room occupancy earlier this month. She is in the process of getting her children back into her custody but she will need to reside at the same residence for six consecutive months before the children could return. We wish her the best in her future." -via SafeHarborEaston.com
Please help more happy endings happen by downloading 'The Daddy Song' - great song to send to dad for Father's Day via #giftthissong - the best part is, each download or gift sends $1 to SafeHarborEaston to help the homeless. PLEASE SHARE
Here’s a few ways you can take part and help those in need :
1. Artists, Musicians, Singers, Songwriters: If you have original recorded music, written from the heart, that will INSPIRE your listeners and is family-friendly, register your profile and upload your songs for FREE at: http://genuinecaring.com/artist-info —Benefits:
- Exposure (via charities, listeners, our site and our social networks),
- Royalties ($),
- and best of all - helping charities and those in need
2. Charity Non-Profits: It doesn’t matter how big or small you are, registration is also FREE - use it as an additional platform by which to gain more exposure anddonations for your cause AND for every song downloaded and dedicated to your charity by the listeners, you receive $1. Know of an artist who you’d like to team up with or see one on our site? Even better! Learn More
- Exposure (via musicians, listeners, our site and our social networks),
- and best of all - helping YOU spread the word about your cause
3. Music Lovers: Download Music to Support Charities, Support your favorite Charity and/or Band/Musician/Artist -- Spread the word! If you know any bands or artists who you think will fit the bill, encourage them to register! Have a favorite charity? Send them over!
- Great music,
- easiest way to donate to a good cause,
- knowing you’re lending a helping hand (or ear!)
Everyone - spread the word, the more people you tell, the more exposure for your music, your favorite charities, your favorite bands and most importantly, you are helping those in need.
Use hashtag #songsforacause