Did you know that 60% of long-term #childhoodcancer survivors have a chronic illness as a result of their treatment, and 16% meet criteria for post-traumatic stress disorder?
In order to help her get to the goal, the gentleman that is has kindly offered to shave off both beard and hair, if Catherine reaches $5000. As you can see it's an awful lot of facial and head hair to give up to help someone else achieve their goal. An incredibly generous gesture by the man. His full post is here:
So please keep on popping those spare dollars and dimes into the pot, and keep on sharing this around. Add a dollar, ask your friends to add a dollar and we can get Michaels mop off and help research into children's cancer:
For those that may have missed the actual event itself, here is a reminder of the fun that was had on the day:
Haircut & Headshave for St Baldricks
Here’s a few ways you can take part and help those in need :
1. Artists, Musicians, Singers, Songwriters: If you have original recorded music, written from the heart, that will INSPIRE your listeners and is family-friendly, register your profile and upload your songs for FREE at: http://genuinecaring.com/artist-info —Benefits:
- Exposure (via charities, listeners, our site and our social networks),
- Royalties ($),
- and best of all - helping charities and those in need
2. Charity Non-Profits: It doesn’t matter how big or small you are, registration is also FREE - use it as an additional platform by which to gain more exposure anddonations for your cause AND for every song downloaded and dedicated to your charity by the listeners, you receive $1. Know of an artist who you’d like to team up with or see one on our site? Even better! Learn More
- Exposure (via musicians, listeners, our site and our social networks),
- and best of all - helping YOU spread the word about your cause
3. Music Lovers: Download Music to Support Charities, Support your favorite Charity and/or Band/Musician/Artist -- Spread the word! If you know any bands or artists who you think will fit the bill, encourage them to register! Have a favorite charity? Send them over!
- Great music,
- easiest way to donate to a good cause,
- knowing you’re lending a helping hand (or ear!)
Everyone - spread the word, the more people you tell, the more exposure for your music, your favorite charities, your favorite bands and most importantly, you are helping those in need.
Use hashtag #songsforacause