(CNN) -- A Los Angeles elementary school at the center of two child abuse cases will be closed for two days this week as the investigations continue, officials said.
Two teachers at the Miramonte Elementary School were arrested last week: one is accused of taking bondage photos of more than two dozen students in his classroom; the other is accused of lewd acts on children.
Tom Waldman, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Unified School, said Miramonte will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday "to take a break."
Waldman said both days will be "pupil free days" but could not say whether staffers will be in the building.
The spokesman said he was also aware that some parents were planning to protest Monday. Some have said they will keep their children home, while others have indicated they may picket the school.
The arrests of both teachers came last week.
In the first case, Mark Berndt, a 61-year-old teacher, is accused of taking bondage photos, some showing suspected semen-filled spoons at the children's mouths, authorities said.
On Friday, a second teacher -- 49-year-old Martin Bernard Springer -- was arrested for allegedly fondling two young girls in the classroom.
Capt. Mike Parker of the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department said Springer's arrest is "quite different" from that of Berndt's.
Aside from the two teachers being assigned to the same school, "I'm not aware of any connection" between them, Parker said.
Berndt, a 30-year teaching veteran, is being held on $23 million bail: $1 million for each of the 23 counts he faces of lewd acts on a child.
On Friday, about 15 angry parents gathered outside the school, complaining that administrators failed to apprise them of the investigation into the second teacher.
One mother, Isadora Arrellano, said she will transfer her 5-year-old deaf son to another school at the end of the academic year.
"Right now I'm really worried for my kid," Arrellano said.
"I leave my son and I go home and I don't know what's going to happen to him," she added. "He's deaf, so he cannot speak, so that's why I'm worried. I've lost all trust in this school."
The investigation into Berndt began in October 2010, when a CVS drugstore photo technician in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County told the Redondo Police Department about finding disturbing images of blindfolded children in a processing order, said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Sgt. Dan Scott.
The case was turned over to the sheriff's office, and after an initial investigation, investigators notified school authorities, who removed Berndt from his classroom in January 2011.
About 400 photographs collected by investigators show children blindfolded, with tape over their mouths, Scott said. At least 23 children in the images have been identified, while another 10 are unidentified, he said.
Some photos show female students with "what appeared to be a blue plastic spoon, filled with an unknown clear/white liquid substance, up to their mouths as if they were going to ingest the substance," authorities said.