- Self EmployedPersonal Trainer and Yoga Teacher, present
- EquinoxPersonal Trainer, 2008 - 2011
- Waldegrave SchoolTeacher, 2002 - 2007
I am a freelance personal trainer (NSCA) & yoga teacher (RYT) living in Zurich, Switzerland. I grew up in Scotland, and after my studies I worked as a teacher in London for many years. I have a BA in Religious Studies, an MA in Education and an MA in Religion in Contemporary Society.
In 2007 I decided to change my life and career by moving to the States with my husband. I trained as a personal trainer & vinyasa yoga teacher in San Francisco, California, where I became successful at a well known premium sports club.
Yoga is a passion for me. I tried my first Iyengar yoga class at the age of eleven, but since then I have experimented with various forms of yoga. I finally settled on Ashtanga yoga, which is notable in my teaching style.
- King's College London, U. of LondonMasters in Religion in Contemporary Society, 2012 - 2013Combined study of sociology & anthropology of Religion, focused on key issues from religion in public life to globalisation, fundamentalism, gender and modern spirituality. Independent research project entailed an anthropological research study on modern spirituality in yoga.
- St Mary's, University of SurreyMasters in Continued Professional Development, Education, Distinction, 2004 - 2006Rooted in the pedagogy of action learning, the program facilitated a research project that fed into school development planning. The MA involved the development of cutting-edge expertise in a specific area, alongside skills in collaborative enquiry and leadership.
- The University of StirlingEditRe-orderBachelors, Religious Studies and Education, 1997 - 2002