1. The show is making the Maximum money right now on TV and a foresighted person like Aamir will definitely say yes to a game changer, even if that is a TV show. Isn't this similar to Amitabh saying yes for KBC, he similarly knew it was a game changer. What was wrong with the intentions of KBC? wasn't it giving money to aam aadmi, making some of their dreams come true?
2. We all know, this will be followed by similar shows, this is going to be a trend setter, we are all bored of reality shows featuring rakhi sawant per se.
3. The only better thing this tv show is doing over saas bahu or kbc or swayamvar is, this is bringing up social issues.
I'm frankly happy about the 2nd and 3rd points and I don't have any problems with the first 1 either. But I do feel bad when I see, that the outcome of the show isn't as good as it should be. It does generate enthusiasm amongst viewers but unfortunately, that is consumed praising aamir for the show. I do feel bad when a man craves a larger than life figure for himself, by smartly making money.
Lastly, please don't get either me or pritish nandy or any critic of the show wrong, that We don't want those changes in the Indian society, we do, we surely do, but we don't want someone else to misuse our sympathy factor to simply cash-in on it.
Why are we ashamed of accepting hard facts about the show. There are of course positives about the show, I bravely accept, but why can't we face the negatives?
why can't we accept the fact that majority of Indian junta is driven by what TV shows to them. Don't you think anna hazare's support has come down, isn't it just because media is always successful in making us believe whatever they want. When they praised anna, we too did, and when congress started using its power to spread negativism about anna, we simply came back to our houses thinking, Anna too would be fooling us. When will Indians gain conscience and start weighing both positives and negatives of something fairly?
- Vaishnav Academy1997 - 2004
- NIT TrichyB.Tech. (EEE), 2005 - 2009
- Endeavor careersQuantitative Aptitude Faculty, 2010 - present
- Bharat PetroleumManagement Trainee, 2009 - 2010
TV review: Satyamev Jayate is not flawless, but still a potential hit -
Does Aamir Khan's Satyamev Jayate ring a bell? Click to read the
IIT Kharagpur rejects new format, backs IIT Kanpur
The faculty of IIT Kharagpur have rejected the proposed format for a Common Entrance Test into IITs and centrally aided engineering colleges
Can't ensure high quality education to all government school children: K...
Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal says he hopes the burden of 25 per cent school quota for the poor will not be passed onto other parents. He a
Charles Leadbeater: Education innovation in the slums | Video on TED.com
TED Talks Charles Leadbeater went looking for radical new forms of education -- and found them in the slums of Rio and Kibera, where some of
Tax exemptions: it's not just the fat cats who benefit
While discussing higher petrol prices, TV anchor Arnab Goswami asked why the middle class shouldn't get a big petrol subsidy when corporatio
Don't waste a good crisis, learn from the 1991 lessons
The arrest of Jagan Mohan Reddy, MP from Kadapa in Andhra Pradesh, is another reminder of a lesson that Indians have failed to learn so far.
Is World Sliding Into Another Recession? This Guy Thinks So. - Forbes
Here comes the handbasket again. Dare to hop in?
Sugata Mitra: The child-driven education | Video on TED.com
TED Talks Education scientist Sugata Mitra tackles one of the greatest problems of education -- the best teachers and schools don't exist wh
NIT graduate recruits for Facebook - Get Latest Education & College...
NIT graduate recruits for Facebook - Vivek Ravisankar learnt how to use email the day before going to college. Today he is recruiting Indian
Copenhagen Superhighway Opened… for Bikes (+ Cool Bicycling Video)
Copenhagen Superhighway Opened... for Bikes (+ Cool Bicycling Video) http://vimeo.com/36696485 Copenhagen is well known for being one o