Start a hangout
301 followers|136,960 views
Worked at Lucky Strike Entertainment
Attended University of Vermont
Lives in Houston, TX
301 followers|136,960 views
- University of VermontAnthropology, 1995 - 1999
- St. John's School1992 - 1995
Innovative and results-driven sales and marketing professional with 15 + years experience developing dynamic sponsorship opportunities and events that build audiences and generate revenue. Persuasive and articulate communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills; proven abilities to develop long-term relationships, win business, and exceed expectations. Passionate and knowledgeable about Houston and its visitors.
Areas of expertise include: contract negotiation, marketing and sales strategies, market analysis and forecasting, comprehensive event planning, fundraising, nonprofit management, sponsorship development, community engagement, and audience development.
- Lucky Strike EntertainmentSenior Sales Manager, 2013 - 2015• Successfully launched a national brand in Houston, establishing booking guidelines based on market analysis, building a loyal network of partners and clients, and developing a sales team that generates over $3.6 million in annual event revenue. • Effectively engage with clients to determine needs and set expectations, craft and present customized proposals, negotiate contract terms, and coordinate with event-operations team to ensure seamless execution. • Identify prospects drawing on longstanding community involvement and deep understanding of Houston market segments and annual calendar. • Develop data driven engagement plans unitizing analysis of historical client activity to identify trends and growth opportunities, set benchmarks, and quantify performance. • Develop rapport with vendors to ensure broad range of services for best client experience. Represent Lucky Strike at meetings, trade shows, and community events. • Coach two (2) junior sales associates in providing professional, effective, and individualized service; prioritizing sales leads; and negotiating event contracts to meet sales goals.
- Lucky Strike EntertainmentSales Manager, 2009 - 2013
- Museum of Fine Arts, HoustonCommunity Relations Liaison, 2008 - 2009• Identified, cultivated, and maintained strategic relationships with government agencies, educational institutions, community and civic organizations, and other audiences that produced visibility, support, and/or revenue for the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH). • Represented the MFAH at meetings of various civic, cultural and government organizations on behalf of the Director’s Office; managed special projects from resulting partnerships. • Developed and implemented strategic community relations’ policies and programs. • Partnered with the Development, Membership, Education, and Communications offices to ensure a unified approach to external issues; managed day-to-day external affairs activities.
- Museum of Fine Arts, HoustonMarketing Manager, Promotions, 2005 - 2008• Wrote and executed aggressive, multi-platform marketing plans for over 100 special exhibitions in partnership with the communications staff, consultants, and curators, utilizing traditional, online, and social media to generate public awareness the MFAH's permanent collection, exhibitions, and programs. • Leveraged the MFAH’s audience, membership base, campus, and website to develop partnerships with corporations, media outlets, community groups, and established brands. • Managed the promotion, production, positioning, and creative content of major audience development events, including the critically lauded Starbucks Mixed Media Music Series at the MFAH, which introduced 50,000 young and diverse visitors to the MFAH. • Enlivened existing corporate partnerships by ramping up promotional components of sponsorship packages, increasing value for donors while garnering additional exposure for MFAH. • Managed rigorous approval and production schedule to ensure marketing materials met deadlines and supported brand identity. • Managed simultaneous marketing budgets ranging from $25,000 to $700,000 per project.
- Art League HoustonExecutive Director, 2002 - 2004• Served as Art League Houston’s (ALH) youngest executive director. • Planned, implemented, and administered ALH outreach, exhibition, and education programs; identified, recruited, and managed educators, instructors, and volunteers. • Established and managed annual budget of $350,000 in coordination with the executive committee. • Developed sustainable fundraising strategies; produced development plans, conducted grant and donor research, wrote grant proposals, negotiated sponsorship partnerships, and coordinated fundraising events and galas. • Served as the public face of ALH in contact with foundations, corporations, partner organizations, media, and at public meetings and events. • Managed human resources, including two (2) full time employees and up to 20 adjunct faculty per semester. • Participated in all regular and special meetings of the Board of Directors of ALH. Presented executive director report and accompanying documentation at each meeting.
- Art League HoustonAssistant Director, 2000 - 2002• Served as the primary liaison between the executive director and support staff, Artist Directors Committee, instructors, ALH members, exhibiting artists, press, and public. • Maintained database of over 6,000 members, students, patrons, press, artists, and constituents of ALH. • Coordinated marketing, public relations, online, and email communication efforts. • Managed the operation and maintenance of the permanent ALH facility.