Start a hangout
255 followers|11,114 views
Works at Lucky Strike Entertainment
Attended University of Vermont
Lives in Houston, TX
255 followers|11,114 views
- University of VermontAnthropology, 1995 - 1999
- St. John's School1992 - 1995
- St. John's School1992 - 1995
I don't care if it rains or freezes long as I've got my plastic Jesus sitting on the dashboard of my car.
Innovative and results-driven sales and marketing professional with 15 + years experience developing dynamic sponsorship opportunities and events that build audiences and generate revenue. Persuasive and articulate communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills; proven abilities to develop long-term relationships, win business, and exceed expectations. Passionate and knowledgeable about Houston and its visitors.
Areas of expertise include: contract negotiation, marketing and sales strategies, market analysis and forecasting, comprehensive event planning, fundraising, nonprofit management, sponsorship development, community engagement, and audience development.
- Lucky Strike EntertainmentSenior Sales Manager, 2013 - present• Successfully launched a national entertainment brand in the highly competitive Houston market, establishing booking guidelines for a 24,000 square foot event facility, building a loyal network of partners and corporate clients, and developing an award-winning sales team generating over $3.4 million in annual event revenue. • Manage lead generation, contract negotiation, and content development of major events. • Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills, effectively engage with clients to determine needs and set expectations, craft and present highly customized proposals, negotiate contract terms, and coordinate with event-operations team to ensure seamless execution. • Identify prospects drawing on deep understanding of Houston market segments and calendar. • Create forecasting models utilizing comprehensive knowledge of Salesforce CRM platform, Reserve event management software, and Micros POS system to communicate sales progress to upper management. Review historical data to identify benchmarks and trends. • Maintain close relationships with local hotels, trade associations, convention bureaus, and other sources for development of leads. Develop rapport with vendors to ensure broad range of services for best client experience. Represent Lucky Strike at meetings, trade shows, and community events. • Coach two (2) junior sales associates in providing professional, effective, and individualized service; prioritizing sales leads; and negotiating event contracts to meet sales goals.
- Lucky Strike EntertainmentSales Manager, 2009 - 2013
- Museum of Fine Arts, HoustonCommunity Relations Liason, 2008 - 2009• Identified, cultivated, and maintained strategic and mutually beneficial relationships with government agencies, educational institutions, community and civic organizations, and other external and internal audiences that produce visibility, support, and/or revenue for the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH). • Functioned as the MFAH's representative at meetings of various civic, cultural and government organizations, such as the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau, Houston Museum District Association, Downtown Alliance, and Houston Arts Alliance; managed special projects resulting from those partnerships on behalf of the Director’s Office. • Developed and implemented strategic community relations’ policies and programs. • Partnered with the Development, Membership, Education, and Communications offices to ensure a unified approach to external issues; managed day-to-day external affairs activities.
- Museum of Fine Arts, HoustonMarketing Manager, Promotions, 2005 - 2008• Wrote and executed aggressive, multi-platform marketing plans for over 100 special exhibitions in partnership with the communications staff, consultants, and exhibition curators; utilizing outdoor, print, radio, online, and social media, as well as traditional, guerrilla, and viral communications tactics to generate public awareness of and interest in the MFAH's permanent collection, exhibitions, and programs. • Leveraged the MFAH’s audience, membership base, campus, and website to negotiate strategic promotional partnerships with corporations, media outlets, community groups, and established brands. • Managed the promotion, production, positioning, and creative content of major audience development events, including the critically lauded Starbucks Mixed Media Music Series at the MFAH, an attendance-record shattering, multi-media performance series that introduced 50,000 young and diverse visitors to the MFAH. • Enlivened existing corporate partnerships by ramping up promotional components of sponsorship packages, increasing value for donors while garnering additional exposure for MFAH programs and services. • Managed rigorous approval and production schedule to ensure marketing materials met deadlines and supported brand identity. • Managed simultaneous multi-platform marketing budgets ranging from $25,000 to $700,000 per project.
- Art League HoustonExecutive Director, 2002 - 2004• Served as Art League Houston’s (ALH) youngest executive director. • Planned, implemented, and administered ALH outreach, exhibition, and education programs and identified, recruited, and managed educators, instructors, and volunteers. • Established and managed annual budget of $350,000 in coordination with the executive committee. • Developed sustainable fundraising strategies; produced development plans, conducted grant and donor research, wrote grant proposals, negotiated sponsorship partnerships, and coordinated fundraising events and galas. • Served as the public face of ALH in contact with foundations, corporations, partner organizations, media, and at public meetings and events. • Managed human resources, including two (2) full time employees and up to 20 adjunct faculty a semester. • Participated in all regular and special meetings of the Board of Directors of ALH. Presented executive director report and accompanying documentation at each meeting.
- Art League HoustonAssistant Director, 2000 - 2002• Served as the primary liaison between the executive director and support staff, Artist Directors Committee, instructors, ALH members, exhibiting artists, press, and public. • Maintained database of over 6,000 members, students, patrons, press, artists, and constituents of ALH. Coordinated marketing, public relations, online, and email communication efforts. • Managed the operation and maintenance of the permanent ALH facility.