- HDR, Inc.Materials Tester/Inspector, 2015 - presentQA/QC Testing of roadway materials for highway construction. Inspection of work performed by contractors for quality and payment of work quantities. Qualified representative for state highway QC testing. Valid CTTP certifications in Basic Aggregates, Soils and aggregates, and ACI Certified Concrete Field Technician. Troxler certification for Nuclear/Density gauge operation and transport.Current job is I40/430 notch and widening of 5 miles between Morgan exit 142 and crystal hill exit 148, I40/430, North Little Rock, AR.And experienced participant of playing all day in the dirt! I know a thing or two about some dirt!
- The Home DepotMET Associate, 2012 - presentMerchandising
- L & L ServicesOffice Manager/Safety Director, 2009 - 2011Lester Family-owned trash hauling company based and operating in Faulkner County and other rural trash routes in N. Central Arkansas area. (BeeBe, Bald Knob, Searcy, Vilonia, Mayflower, Greenbriar, Conway, Enola, Cabot, Ward, & Austin, AR , et al, etc.)
- Materials Testing of ArkansasQuality Control of Construction Materials testing lab/field technician, 2007 - 2008QC materials field/lab testing technicial (Play in the dirt), QC testing of Construction Materials, (soil, aggregate, concrete and asphalt), for various contractors of commercial and state/federal
- PSIQuality Assurance Materials testing tech/inspector, 2002 - 2005I30 Reconstruction of mainlanes from Geyer Springs Little Rock to Hwy 5/35 Overpass Benton corridor of Interstate 30, onsite Quality Assurance testing under direction and representing AHTD QA/QC personel, State and Federal depts.of transportation funded bond project, 3 year duration, mix of existing bridge/hwy reconstruction and addition of new bridges, main lanes and overpasses, 4 separate projects with 3 Prime Contractors and numerous locally owned subcontractors all working in unison
- Anderson Enginnering Consultants, Inc.soils lab assistant/helper (This is where it all began! Thank you, Dan, for tolerating me and showing me that soils lab stuff!), 1998 - 1999
- Zachry Construction CorporationQC inspector/tester joint venture construction of coal fired power plant in NE Arkansas, Plum Point Power Partners in Odceola, AR, 2006 - 2007Part time assistant in soils testing lab doing what I had no idea would be my steady path and something I love doing later in life! Like I said, Thank you, Dan Bates! I screwed up a many of those permeable wall tests, but did LEARN so much! What I thought was just another JOB became my career path. I wasn't aware at the time that was basis for all soil tests....rolling , out those worms, day after day, all day long
- Sturbridge CleanersCleaner bitch..., 1998 - 2001
- Sears, Roebuck, & Co.Shoe sales chic, 1993 - 1995sold shoes to little old ladies who just knew their size 10 foot could fit into a size 8 1/2 shoe...cuz that's what they have ALWAYS worn! If you were too cheap to buy NIKE, or loved LA Gear and REEBOKS, or had a Sears card grandfathered into the family, or have 10 kids in tow for back to school shoe sale.....SEARS SHOE DEPT was the only way to go, found out what sales was all about after holidays returns when all those big spenders returned or exchanged at another location!...can ya say I wound up getting my pay in a "DRAW" meaning all that comission cash got taken away! Had no idea they could take your paycheck back and have you owing them money by end of the xmas rush! Learned that continuing education was looking more promising every day! Worked to pay off draw and for work clothes required purchasing new pair pantyhose almost daily upon arrival!
- Premier Pontiac/Nissan & InfinitiPhone operator, 1996 - 1997
- Pulaski Technical College (Work/Study)Admissions office aide on PTC campus, 2001 - 2002
- RinecoSafety coordinater for 3 days...til boss discovered I had no valid drivers license! It wasnt even a requirement for the job...but someone needed ride to ER on day 2 and I was told to transport them in company car. Had to inform them ... damn that lady who was trying to go home early with a so called headache!, 2000 - 2000First job ever in my field of study (Safety/Environmental) and pretty much my last. Boss had it in for me from day one. He was retiring in only a few days or weeks from my hiring and Manager over safety persons really was a great fellow who was replacing the Rude Dude in Charge. $13 or 15 an hour! I had made it to the "big" money, or thought so all three days of working there! Thank you, Mr. Mgr who let me go...I had to get up and take care of that pesky no driver license and pay off some overdue and underestimated importance of traffice offense fines ASAP!!
- KrogerSacker/bagger, 1991 - 1992
- Bonanza SteakhouseHostess, 1989 - 1990
I AM 35 YRS. OLD, SINGLE, W/ TWO SONS WHO ARE THE BEST AND BRIGHTEST THINGS IN MY WORLD!
I NEED A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! UNEMPLOYMENT...HOW DEPRESSING THIS YEAR HAS BEEN SO FAR!!! But, I am not gonna fall apart yet. It is all a test and not ready to throw in anything to defeat quite yet. Makes the good times all the better, I guess? Optimistic as to seeing such things again...
I am struggling with a large career change right now. I previously, for last decade almost, worked as a QC materials testing technician for a commercial soil/concrete testing lab in NLR, LR, and all over state and some in TN, NC, LA, and MS(Nearby AR border towns). I also lived and worked in Osceola, AR testing at huge power plant site for a year. I really liked this line of work and feel I am very knowledgable about testing and soil mechanics in general. comes from an early age-making mud pies as a kid, I guess. But, times and jobs aren't easy to come by today.
These days, I am focusing on working for the only subcontractor WasteManagement employs nationwide, my Dad! I think it is very cool, that bit before. I am openly proud of him and what he accomplishes! No college or nothing hi-tech to help him along the way. Just alot of hard work on his part. I hope one day, when I am gone others will be able to put my life in this perspective, too. (only I did attempt hi-tech capabilites! Somewhat, anyway!).
I think that is enough for todays lesson on my life and the mash in my head! A.L. 4-2009
- PTC, UALR, UCA2015
- OAK GROVE H.S.
- CONWAY H.S.
- ROBINSON H.S.
- BAKER ELE.
- DAVID O'DODD ELE.
- ROBINSON MIDDLE
- STANTON ROAD SCHOOL(PRIVATE)
- ARK. REAL ESTATE SCHOOL
- U OF A'S CENTER FOR TRAINING OF TRANSPORTATION PROFESSIONALS(CTTP FOR THE AHTD)
- AMERICAN CONCRETE INSTITUTES LEVEL I CONCRETE TECHNICIAN COURSE W/ CERTIFICATE
- OSHA'S COURSE FOR HAZWOPER CERTIFICATION(W/ YEARLY 8-HOUR COURSE AND UPDATE CERT.)