109 followers|1,615 views
Works at Penton Media
Attended University of Southern California
Lives in Glenview, IL
109 followers|1,615 views
Add a comment...
Content strategy leader - helping legacy media brands reach digital audiences.
Content strategy, digital strategy, social media, multimedia production, writing, editing, budgeting, metrics, training
- Penton MediaExecutive Director, 2013 - presentIn charge of editorial groups in 3 cities, leading transformation to digital while maximizing print opportunities for legacy trade publications. Involved in metrics, training, product, coaching, job design and doing a lot of listening.
- AOL PatchVP, Content Ops, 2012 - 2013Led implementation of content, strategy, in charge of training, internal communications; helped roll out new digital platform to 906 local web sites.
- Merlin MediaVP, Interactive & Programming, 2011 - 2012In charge of on air and online implementation for Chicago's first FM all-news radio station. Hired 46 people in a month and led rollout of innovative technological approach.
- Tribune CompanyVP, Interactive Content, 2008 - 2011Created and expanded national online content offering which included 100 online verticals. Later promoted to position overseeing content and operations at TV station web sites. Engaged in extensive training and metrics analysis.
- Clear Channel CommunicationsVP, News Content, 2000 - 2008Built and grew Clear Channel News Network - on air and online. 100 online vertical channels complimented the nation's fifth largest radio news network which created and distributed audio to over 100 cities.
- CBS RadioNews Director, 1999 - 2000In charge of 54 person 24/7 newsroom. Led early effort to implement more contemporary approach.
- Hearst Argyle Radio & TVNews Director, 1996 - 1999In charge of award-winning 24/7 newsroom. Worked with great team to implement creative best practices which attracted national attention.
- KFI RadioNews Reporter, 1989 - 1996Covered news stories around the city and delivered them live on-air. Assigned stories to reporters. Chased OJ down L.A. freeways. Had amazing time.
Los Angeles, CA - Phoenix, AZ - Sacramento, CA
Content strategy, digital strategy, social media & multimedia storyteller
Andy Friedman is the "Swiss Army Knife" of media.
Was reporter at KFI, chased OJ down the L.A. freeways, created 100 online content verticals at Clear Channel and again at Tribune. Music addict and sometime outdoorsman.
- University of Southern CaliforniaMBA, Marketing, 1991 - 1994
- University of California, BerkeleyBA, History, 1979 - 1984