Police state. This account is incredibly disturbing, yet needs to be shared. The officers who killed this man should face the death penalty if found guilty, in my opinion.
11 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- in a free state criminality in institutions is prosecuted, as in this case. this is one of the many things that distinguishes it from a police state. you should read up on police states, i think you'll find it informative.May 8, 2012
- this case is prosecuted only because there is an independent video evidence and the father of the victim is a former cop himself.
In a local case, police/da found nothing wrong when an out-of-control cop beat up a driver he followed into a supermarket parking lot. Witnesses called 911 on the cop. Turns out all is hunky-dory, no prosecution.
I can agree with you that things can still get a lot worse.May 8, 2012
- These officers need to be suspended (with or without pay) while this is investigated. If this is what it appears to be, then I'd hope for life sentences for all of them. Alex is right: cops in a federal prison ... they would wish for death long before it came for them.
We had something similar here: police officers used a Taser on a man who'd come here to visit his mother -- he spoke little English and was confused about where he should've been in the airport. He died. All kinds of excuses were flapping around, right up until one person who'd videotaped the incident released the video online. (The excuses didn't stop, of course ... but their complete lack of substance was made very obvious once that video hit cyberspace.)May 8, 2012
- The stupidest ass argument here is what is the definition of a police state. You don't have to classify the USA as a police state to know that shit like this happens on the day to day and it isn't right. The government is just a big gang of crooks and police / military are just muscle to keep us from revolting.
I believe there needs to be some sort of psychological evaluation in regards to treatment of citizens or something before you become a cop. In my opinion, this stems from hate of the citizenry and hate of the people. How else could somebody who is supposed to protect us have been twisted to such a point to kill for absolutely no reason? Don't hire fucked up people and you won't have fucked up cops. Pretty simple I would say.May 9, 2012
- The government is just a big gang of crooks and police / military are just muscle to keep us from revolting.
best of luck with the paranoia. a move elsewhere might help.
some of your other points are logical and reasonedMay 9, 2012
- @archer rehcra Ever read The Law by Frédéric Bastiat? The government is nothing but collective force.
http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdfMay 10, 2012