Pres. http://goo.gl/iWF3Ycomes out in support of full marriage equality. Send a thank you note now. Take Action:
30 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Take Action: http://goo.gl/iWF3YMay 9, 2012
- He might support it personally (which is important, I agree), but his reaffirmation of his belief that the issue should be addressed at the state level is disappointing.
Marriage discrimination will end the same way racial segregation ended: At the federal level, with a SCOTUS decision. Eventually one of these laws or amendments is going to make it before the justices and it'll be thrown out on 14th Amendment grounds.
I would've preferred for the president to assert not only his human belief in the rightness of marriage equality, but his executive conviction in the legality of it as well.May 9, 2012
- , my fervent hope is that he'll get a second term, and do just that. ;)May 9, 2012
- He wont get a second term the over religious zealots will pay whatever they have too to see he doesnt get reelectedMay 9, 2012
- Let's do more than hope, let's remind all of our friends and neighbors to GO VOTE in November!May 9, 2012
- Remember they say one thing until they get into office then they do the other. Don't get happy yet.May 9, 2012
- Great news... now overturn DOMA.May 10, 2012