Saladero Eco lodge is remarkable in that it has mangroves, tropical gardens and primary rain forest for you to explore and to see diverse bird and animal species.
Our lodge provides necessary work for local Costa Ricans in this work impoverished area and our power is provided by solar and mini hydro. With 450 acres of oxygen producing, carbon dioxide eating primary rainforest you can feel confident that your trip down to this remote part of Costa Rica has been offset .
506 8721 0425
Golfo Dulce, Parque Nacional de Piedras Blancas, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Saladero Eco Lodge is located in an environmentally sensitive 480 acre private preserve set in the undeveloped Golfo Dulce and Piedras Blancas National Park. It includes ½ mile of coastline on the Golfo Dulce, 30 acres of tropical gardens and 450 acres of primary rainforest.
Established in harmony with the natural environment, our goal is to provide to travelers seeking a unique location and experience, the opportunity to observe wildlife and natural wonders in a pristine and sustainable fashion while enjoying the comfortable and spacious accommodations.
As responsible stewards we are obliged to take nothing from the ecosystem that surrounds us excepting photographs and memories.
With this in mind we have implemented certain policies and standards to ensure its continuance with minimal or no impact to the environment.
- Energy is supplied by hybrid systems of solar power and hydro. Generators are seldom used and solely for construction and repair purposes.
- All organic waste is composted.
- All efforts are made to purchase only products that can be recycled.
- Hot water is provided by passive solar heating or propane heaters that only heat when the water is turned on.
- Grey water and black water are separated.
- Energy efficient refrigerators and freezer.
- Energy efficient lighting.
- Use of fresh vegetables and fruit instead of canned products.
- Raise our own organic eggs and chickens. Fruit and vegetables grown on site are without the use of pesticides or commercial fertilizer.
- Natural fruit juices are made from our various tropical fruit trees.
- Gardens and landscaping fertilized with natural compost and manure.