"I love soccer because it is so painfully similar to life: slow, unjust, fairly random, usually boring, but always holding out the hope that, at some moment, however brief, everything will come together and take on meaning.
There’s no getting away from it—life isn’t about limber athletes sinking hoops from the three-point arc; life is an ongoing, uncoordinated, anguished eﬀort to transcend our trivial existence, an eﬀort that, if we’re lucky, might lead to one brilliant move by Messi, Kaká, or some other dribbling magician. And then, for one split second, that whole damp 90-minute mishmash will turn into something coherent, beautiful, and worthwhile. And, when that moment and its endless playbacks fade, we will all return to our same drab reality of wasted time, pointless fouls, unreceived passes, and wild kicks that miss the goal by kilometers, only to wait with inﬁnite patience and boundless hope for that next moment of grace." - Etgar Keret
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Nelson Institute for Environmental StudiesEnvironment & Resources, 2015 - presentPhD Candidate on Human-carnivore conflicts (focus on gray wolves) and large carnivore conservation.
- Duke UniversityMaster of Public Policy/Master of Environmental Management, 2010 - 2013
- University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras CampusPolitical Science & Economics, 2003 - 2008
- Resources For the FutureResearch Assistant, 2013 - 2015
- Duke UniversityResearch Assistant, 2012 - 2013
- Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy SolutionsClimate and Energy Policy Assistant, 2012 - 2012
- Sanford School of Public PolicyTeaching Assistant, 2011 - 2012
- CONAFOR (MX) & Duke UniversitySurvey Supervisor/Data Analyst, 2011 - 2011
- Estudios Técnicos, Inc.Economic Analyst/Research Assistant, 2008 - 2010
- Mentes Puertorriqueñas en AcciónMentes Puertorriqueñas en Acción, 2008 - 2010
Wildlife and conservation given a home in France's first private nature ...
Le Grand Barry has been acquired and opened by enthusiasts concerned for biodiversity in publicly run protected areas
Rare Alaska wolf may get Endangered Species Act protection
Officials say the Alexander Archipelago wolf of Alaska's Tongass National Forest may need federal endangered species protection.
Watch Arctic Monkeys' Alex Turner Defend Rock & Roll at BRIT Awards
Its always waiting there ready to smash through the glass ceiling, looking better than ever
UM researchers: Wolf depredation costs ranchers $6,600 per herd sold
Wolves are one of the smaller threats in the ranching business, but they’re also one we can do something about, according to new research fr
5 Tips for Awkward People Looking to Make New Friends
Meeting new people sucks. Well, at least it does for people like us -- people who would rather eat a bar of soap than endure the awkward jug
Plan to delist gray wolf endangers other threatened species, researchers...
The federal government's proposal to discontinue protection for the gray wolf across the United States could have the unintended consequence
4 Reasons 2013 Officially Marked the Death of the Nerd
Being a nerd is a social handicap that 'normal' people have begun holding up like a trophy, and it makes us mad.
Grey wolf's future hinges on taxonomic row - environment - 11 September ...
The existence, or not, of the eastern wolf as a distinct species has become a battleground in the fight to reintroduce the grey wolf to larg
Wolves Identified by Unique Howls, May Help Rare Species
The call of the wild is clearer than ever, thanks to a new method that allows scientists to track wolf howls with total accuracy.
Elizabeth Huntley: Wolf hunt makes Wisconsin blood sport capital of the ...
Dear Editor: I have been asked by the organizers of the National Rally for Wolves, taking place on the Washington, D.C., National Mall Sept.
Activist Wants D.C. Voters To Decide On Marijuana Legalization
A D.C. activist who earlier this year pledged to a put a marijuana decriminalization measure before the city's voters has changed his mind:
Listen: Arctic Monkeys Stream New Album, 'AM' | Music News | Rolling Stone
Rockers' fifth LP available on iTunes one week before release
5 Things to Remember When Dealing With Unreliable People
We all have that friend. If not, you probably are that friend.