I'm considering using G+ as the social network for my professional life and Facebook as the social network for my family life. Any views on how well that will work?
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 23 previous comments
- Given that the mantra of Google+ has been managing your social structure as in real life I think that nested circles are a must. For example I already have three friends circles from different periods of my life. It would be great to keep these under one larger circle allowing easier structure but also reducing the clutter that is appearing already.Jul 12, 2011
- I was searching for nested circles as well, and, as above, this thread came up. We definitely need nested circles :-)Jul 13, 2011
- I want nested circles. I also want the ability to mute certain people from my stream - you know the type the people that share many things with many people commenting. This actually locks up the google+ app on my iphone. I also want to omit circles from sharing. Google folks if you are listening, please, please, please with whip cream and a cherry on top add these 3 features! Thanks! =)Jul 25, 2011
- I like Google+ but won't start inviting my Facebook friends en mass until I see nested circles. Otherwise circles are too cumbersome to be useful and Google+ doesn't offer enough added value to justify switching.
Another weird thing I've just started seeing. Someone can add me to their circles without asking me...that's fine, I don't care about them...except that now their posts show up in my "Incoming" area. I have to explicitly block this person that added me because Google recommended me for no apparent reason. I shouldn't have to do that. I haven't added them to any of my circles, so I shouldn't see anything about them. Period.Aug 2, 2011
- I know this thread is a bit old, but if you haven't found a better solution, if you don't want a specific person's junk appearing in your feed, add them to a "JUNK" circle, click into that circle, and move the slider to "show nothing in my feed" at the top, thats what I do. :-)Feb 26, 2012
- +1 For nested circles! They are a mustMay 2, 2012
Add a comment...