A 13-year-old girl is harassed and thrown out of school for an essay her teachers found offensive, because she dared to point out their negligence.
130 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 89 previous comments
- here is the link to the Huffington Post article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/jada-williams-student-allegedly-harassed-for-essay_n_1321926.htmlMar 12, 2012
- We would like to think that in 2012 this would not happen. But racism is real and alive in America. This is absolutely uncalled for, this is a child the article is referring to. Who is protecting America's children?Mar 12, 2012
- Just moderen day lynchingMar 12, 2012
- "Furthermore, I myself began to question,” as to why the Rochester City School District would supply us with a novel that would evoke such emotions?” ~Jada Williams
At the core of all political systems, is identity politics, where republican versus democrat is no different than white versus black, Jew versus Muslim or male versus female, with the objective of divide then conquer. It is the same dialectic process of thesis versus antithesis to converge into synthesis that is used to get one to think in terms of being a member of a group, rather than as an individual, because as an individual, the system is criminal.
What is sad, is that a 13yr old can get it, where 90% of the population can't.Mar 12, 2012
- Are you serious? Do you know what lynching is? People die from lynching.
Hyperbole like this cheapens the past you reference, and muddies the present. It's like calling every bad thing a holocaust, or every person you don't like a fascist. Those words have meaning, some of the most brutal and powerful words in the language, and we need to preserve the power of those meanings lest we lose track of the truth. There was a book out a couple years ago arguing that the fascists were left-wing, not right-wing. Such absolute idiocy is only possible after the word has lost meaning, and history is forgotten.
Let's not lose the meaning of lynching, too. It's too big, too horrible, to be used as if it were not.Mar 12, 2012
- Its a lynching of the mind body and soul. This child is 13 yrs old and being oppressed and bullied by her own educators Umm! I call it moderen day lynching. Read about the 17 yr old in Florida who was shot in the chest by the neighborhood watch dog with only a bag of Skittles in his pocket how cheap is that?Mar 12, 2012