- Vitamin TRegional Directord, 2013 - present
- Crowe Horwath LLPDirector of Sourcing, 2005 - 2012
Michele Porfilio serves as strategic sourcing leader at Crowe Horwath LLP, one of the nation’s largest public accounting and consulting firms. Michele is a valued member of the recruiting leadership team within the firm, and her primary responsibilities include:
- developing and delivering programs and strategies designed to enhance the firm’s overall recruiting efforts;
- creating and managing internal programs to drive greater awareness of hiring needs;
- building and opening new sourcing channels for the company’s recruiting department;
- using technology to drive increased candidate identification and hiring; and
- implementing strategies for research, sourcing, employee referral programs, vendor management, employment branding initiatives and alumni recruiting.
With more than 15 years of experience, Michele has great passion for and expertise in providing strategic and tactical recruiting services to organizations. Michele has been a leader in advocating the applications of technology in recruiting, by using metrics to improve performance and developing creative solutions to identify talent. Michele also facilitates interview training classes for management, university alumni associations, industry associations and job seekers. Michele has given presentations on social media, interviewing techniques and various human capital topics to a variety of organizations and associations.
Prior to joining Crowe, Michele owned her own recruiting consulting firm, Staffmatch LLP. Michele’s background includes working with firms such as Amoco, Sunbeam, Barton Inc., Sterling Staffing, Whitman Hart, Diversified Computer Consultants and Jefferson Wells.
Outside of work, Michele also mentors members of the recruiting community and currently sits on the board of the Technical Recruiters Network and Illinois Recruiters Association. Michele also serves as a committee member for the Staffing Management Association of Greater Chicago.