Freedoom 0.9 is here!
Many, many people have worked hard for the past nine months to make this happen, and it has finally landed. Freedoom has seen huge changes since the previous release and now it is finally available for everyone to enjoy.
A short list of what to look forward to in this version:
* New file names no longer conflict with Doom's
** freedoom1.wad is Freedoom: Phase 1 - compatible with The Ultimate Doom
** freedoom2.wad is Freedoom: Phase 2 - compatible with Doom II and Final Doom
* FreeDM and Phase 1 have grown out of the shadows of the project and have seen rapid advances, largely lead by Protox, our prominent Brazilian contributor.
* New text font from +Brett Harrell
to replace the old one in all menus, in-game text, and status-bar HUD.
* New zombie, shotgun zombie, and assault tripod sprites by a skilled pixel artist, raymoohawk.
* New sounds for the dark soldier by Jewellds.
* More complete support for Final Doom mods, adding many more textures missing to support mods for both TNT: Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment, thanks to +Simon Howard
... and there are many more changes, but it’s more fun to play than to read, isn’t it? So go do it already :D
You can get the release at https://freedoom.github.io/download.html