For the Democrats: The currently sitting representative of District 127 is Dan Huberty. This man is a special kind of bad when it comes to being representative. He shows up to the capital drunk to vote, has taken swings at reporters - while drunk, and has tried to repeal first amendment protections. He's tried to make it illegal to film representatives without their permission, due mostly to drunken escapades.
For the Republicans: He's personally responsible for the campus carry bill getting gutted to it's current form and has held up constitutional carry. He's a Neo Con who's in with the corrupt core of the party. The NRA does back him due to financial transactions guaranteeing their support, but he's not the Texas style conservative Republican.
To Both of you: You CAN vote straight ticket and make a one off deviation for a single candidate without otherwise invalidating your ticket. To Democrats this would be casting a vote on a slot you would otherwise not be voting on, for the Republicans it would be sending a message to the party that you don't want people who don't represent your values as a representative should.
The candidate I'm asking you to vote for instead is Scott Ford. As a Libertarian he's pro freedom to do as you please in your personal life which should appeal to the Democrats who don't have a dog in this fight. Also as a Libertarian unlike Dan Huberty he represents values Republicans care about where personal liberty and financial responsibility. In fact he comes closer to the written Republican platform on personal liberty than Mr. Huberty's voting record reflects.
Please - look into Mr. Ford, he won't disappoint you. He's a strong candidate in his own right, but when he's running against someone who acts like Mayor Quimby from the Simpsons it's just easier to point to his opponent and say "Do you really want him again?"
I've had a follower/one I follow in circles on here for a year or more. I'm not going to get too into the individual - I'm not out to name and shame or anything.
One of the posts I replied to - that got me blocked - had to do with Donald Trump. This guy absolutely was not a Trump fan - and as a Libertarian I can see his point. I did however take issue with the comic that showed Trump holding the Elephant mascot hostage demanding the nomination. Despite not really liking Trump - or Bernie Sander's who's in the same boat - I do see blatant inner party cheating in both races. I called him on siding with the party insiders over a valid candidate that is having delegates reassigned to others (usually Cruz) after Trump won them, and in cases of states like Colorado that just called off voting all together and handed their delegates to Cruz.
Am I the only Libertarian around here that would actually stand and protest the blatant corruption on behalf of the voters in the other two parties despite not supporting their candidates? I'm not fans of those candidates but I don't want to ignore this kind of cheating, once it's accepted it applies to us on the national level since we've already established cheating is acceptable in the primaries. It's so bad they aren't even hiding the cheating any more like they tried to do with Ron Paul (or for that matter Obama using Chicago politics to take it from Hilary in 08), they're just out in the open and praising it.
I would happily wear an Austin Peterson for President T-Shirt while waving a flag that said "Libertarians for Fair Elections" in a crowd full of Trump or Bernie protesters. Are there any of you (other than maybe the people fully on the Anarchist side of the line) that would do this with me?
Not to mention that local governments turn the area around Democratic and Republican conventions into mini-police states. I was working in the Boston area in 2004 when the Democrats had their convention there. The city was practically shut down to Make Way for Their Majesties. The economy ground to a halt, and I worked from home all week. Mayor Menino tried to make a local pizza shop owner take down a sign critical of the Democrats, and he set up a "free speech zone" outside of which protest was forbidden.
This picture of course is from the 2014 convention, I scanned the area where I was sitting but I couldn't see myself, I probably have my head down. This year we didn't have tables.
- NASA RITF LabsWorkmanship, 2006 - 2014
- Pecos High SchoolKnife dodging, 1991 - 1996
- High Tech InstituteBasic Electronics, 1996 - 1997
- Kingdom Rush Origins
- Finance Test
- Kingdom Rush
- Mortal Kombat X
I've contracted to lots of companies, had my hands in a lot of things, but I'm a tech all the way. I'm stuck in the never ending chain of court cases where my daughter is concerned and doing everything I can to make sure she's well taken care of and healthy, both mentally and physically.
- Lopez Negrete CommunicationsSystem Administrator, 2014 - presentManage and deploy computer, phone, and other data systems.
- Maximum IT SupportVice President, 2009 - presentAnything that has to do with keeping office data equipment running.
- GHGGeek, 2006 - 2014I launch bits into space and make sure we catch the ones that survive re-entry.
- Tek SystemsGeek, 2004 - 2006Migrated gas station PC's to DSL. Took a power company off of Token Ring and put it on Ethernet. Lots of little deployment jobs here and there.
- CSCGeek, 2001 - 2004I made sure gas stations could do their daily finances on a day to day basis over satellite earth stations.
- ComsysGeek, 2000 - 2001This was a pre-cursor to CSC, same gas station financials job.
- Everyones InternetÜber Geek, 1998 - 2000Helped to start the company, ran tech and sales, then ran tech, then ran the tech night shift, then GTFO'ed.
- Alpha NetworksGeek, 1998 - 1998Novell, Windows, and Lantastic admin, and I built computers too.
- Motion System, LLCGeek, 1997 - 1998Build robotics control systems for the bulk mail centers of the U.S. Postal service so junk mail can reach your home more efficiently.
- Tech AidGeek, 1996 - 1997Built Mac Clones - yes they were actually made for a while.
- Continental Security GuardsKnob Shaker, 1996 - 1996Shake doorknobs.
- Dan Daniel Music and VideoClerk, 1995 - 1996Get the VHS tapes and SNES games from the back room and hand them over the counter.
- Pecos EnterprisePaper Boy, 1991 - 1994Throw newspapers into yards. That was fun.
- Valley Motor CompanyPeon, 1995 - 1995Wash cars, chop weeds, work parts counter.
Libertarians Make The Best Crazy Uncles At Thanksgiving - A Libertarian ...
There's nothing wrong with that. Being the crazy Uncle at Thanksgiving is an important duty that was tailor made for libertarians.
When A Mom Would Sing "Let It Go", She Really Meant It! - Katiefy
We have heard a thousand versions of "Let It Go" from the Disney Movie, Frozen. Now, what if Queen Elsa becomes a mom, and sang it again? Wa
Bad infrastructure design leads to bad behavior on bikes
Or, should bicyclists have to stop at stop signs, Part IV
10 Bikes You Should Consider Before Buying a Fixed Gear
There may be no faster way to gain street cred in a hipster enclave than the purchase of a fixed-gear bike. And they're so easy to find now,
Democrat Senator ‘abandons big government plantation’ to join the GOP
"So my brothers and sisters of the American community, please join with me today in abandoning the government plantation and the party of di
10 Things Government Can Do that Would Land You in Jail | Moral Low Ground
Activist Post lists 10 things the government can do that would land you in jail if you did them.
Rooted a Nook this past week. I'll clear some things up if you want to d...
I was given a $50 Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas, so I decided to use it on something I could hack. I went to Barnes and Noble on
Was Boy in K.C. Fire Attack Burned by His School’s Racist Teaching? | Th...
"Dark Rose" by Steve Farrell “An enchanting story of faith and family that is as enlightening as it is encouraging.” -- Jon Doughe